RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'Add to basket' - change when item added / sold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilboa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Add to basket' - change when item added / sold
    Posted: 27 July 2010 at 10:55am
Greetings,

I am new here and currently playing with the free functions of RomanCart, until I have everything working and managed to get my head around it all, then I will upgrade for sure.

Currently I have 2 questions regarding the 'add to basket' function:

1) Is there a function that will change the button/hyperlink to 'item has been added' as soon as the customer has added it to the basket? And if he/she removes it from the basket, to change the button/hyperlink back into 'add to basket'?

2) My products are all one-off items. Is there a function that changes the 'add to basket' button/hyperlink into 'sold' once the customer has completed the checkout for said item?

This way, a new customer will not still see the 'add to basket' button/hyperlink but see 'sold' (or 'item has been sold').

Kind regards,

UWOODTOYS View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UWOODTOYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 2:54pm
Hi, I asked this question a while ago, and someone senior said it could not be done. I wanted my picture to simply display " IN BASKET " across it when sold, or as you pointed out a change in the Add to Basket to In Basket button would be great.

Dont know if this is yet possible, but its a great feature on other sites.

Gilboa View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilboa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 3:06pm
It would just be so incredibly helpful. Even with quantity limited in product manager, the 'add to basket' button still remains with the item even if it has been purchased (one-off item).

And if a new visitor clicks on the button, he will know if the item of his choice has been added to the basket or why it has not been added.

Unless I continuingly check what I sold and remove the hyperlinks, it looks like the item is still available and will be confusing.

It would be a VERY VERY helpful feature! I thought it existed and that i simply couldn't find it in the admin panel.

I might place a suggestion in forum instead, maybe it can be added as a function by now?

Edited by Gilboa - 27 July 2010 at 3:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic