RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Continue Shopping functionality not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Continue Shopping functionality not working
    Posted: 15 November 2014 at 10:12am
Instead of returning to the page from which a sale has been initiated - the cart is now going back to the "emergency" URL which we have set to our homepage. Something is either blocking this basic functionality or RC has altered the underlying logic of its cart without advising its users. Our RC account is 43753 - www.reflections-of-infinity.co.uk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 11:35am
Continue shopping functionality is working normally on my cart. Nothing has changed for me.

On your cart, the continue shopping button takes me to the web page I was looking at before I visited your website. If you hover over the button, it shows the URL that you're about to be taken to.

How peculiar!

Richard.
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 11:39am
The mobile cart on Safari takes me back to your homepage instead of the last product page I looked at.

Again, it's working fine on mine.

Only main difference I can see is that yours is hosted using https, mine's http.

Edited by rscass - 15 November 2014 at 11:41am
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 11:42am
Hi Richard - thanks for your input. Unfortunately the RC functionality that automatically returns the buyer back to the page they came from isn't working anymore on our site. Instead the buyer is taken back to our main front page which should only happen if there is a glitch in RC's system. The problem with RC is that the command and control options are scattered all over the place and one new option can impact on an old one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 11:47am
Oh no. It's odd that mine isn't affected. I hope you get it sorted.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 4:27pm
Hi,
Have you entered a return url for each of your products?
Many Thanks
Support
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 4:41pm
Hi Support - no - we don't use product manager. I haven't changed the settings in the View Basket Options page.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 4:45pm
I'm not using return URLs either - my products are accessible from several different areas of my site so there is never a single 'correct' return point. My website is functioning just the same as it was yesterday.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 4:45pm
Hi,
In that case - are you sending the returnurl with your posts to the cart?

If not then the cart will try and work out where it has been called from but this method cannot be relied on as many browser and firewall settings will prevent the cart from doing this.

If you are not currently sending the returnurl then you need to add this to your posts or links to the cart.

Many Thanks
Support
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2014 at 4:55pm
I have always had this set to 'ON' - nothing has changed my end:

The 'Automatic Continue Shopping URL' checkbox allows RomanCart to work out the URL of the web page where the customer clicked on your 'Add to Basket' link or button. In most cases this option should be selected. In rare cases some client configurations might prevent RomanCart from obtaining this URL, in which case the 'Continue Shopping' button will point to the URL in the 'Continue Shopping URL' field.

RC is now ignoring this setting and using the fallback URL on our site which is the home-page which is not ideal.
  Share Topic