RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conversion Tracking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heldenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conversion Tracking
    Posted: 21 July 2018 at 9:03am
When I click "Marketing" - "External Sales Tracking" - "Google Conversions" It asks for a conversion ID, how do I get this?

There are instructions but it looks like they're out of date because it says
Click on 'Conversion Tracking' - no such link
'Get Conversion Page Code' - no such link
heldenbrau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heldenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 7:37am
Also it says click continue, but there is only a save button and after I put in the conversion code I can only press save, not continue. I have found the conversion code and put it in and pressed save and google still says not verified.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 8:56am
Hi,
I would recommend ignoring that screen and doing the following.

on Google Adwords…
Click on 'tools' and select 'conversions'

Click on one of your conversions or create one if you have not already.

Click on 'tag setup'

Copy the code from the two boxes on that page. with 'global site tag isn't installed' and 'page load'

Paste those into the box on RomanCart at 'marketing'/'external sales tracking' sales tracking scripts' and click on 'save changes'

On the RomanCart conversion screen you were using before, leave that as blank.

Many Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heldenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 2:16pm
Thanks, I got an error message with chrome, but it saved the script anyway.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heldenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 10:53am
I have set this up as you say and it says it is ok in google ads, but when I use the tag assistant tool to track the tags it doesn't record any. I am getting sales, but they aren't being tracked. At what point are the sales tracked in romancart?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 4:32pm
Hi,

Pasting the script there will just make the script be included on the confirmation page after a successful payment.
If the script is correct and the page is shown then you would be able to see the conversion info on Adwords.

Try a transaction and when you get to the confirmation page, click on 'view source' on the browser and make sure the code is displayed there.

Many Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heldenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 7:12pm
Is there a way to view the confirmation page without buying anything because If I click my ads it'll cost me money and I can't pay myself with paypal.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 8:39pm
Hi,

You do need to buy something using a proper payment method to test the system.
Maybe go through PayPal as a guest, or set up an additional PayPal account to test it, or ask a friend.

You could set up a custom payment method just for a few minutes and try that which wouldn't involve any money.

Many Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heldenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 8:34am
It has now gone back to saying tag inactive. I have not been able to tag any conversions and spending about £100 on ads.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 8:38am
Hi,

To resolve this.
1. Get the code from google that they want you to have on your confirmation page.
2. Do a transaction yourself and examine the code on the confirmation page using the 'view source' function of your browser.
3. If the code is there as shown on google then you'll need to discuss with Google how to see what the problem is.

4. If the code is not there then you need to check the settings on RomanCart to see what you have set up. e.g. universal analytics vs old analytics etc.

Please let us know if we can help further with this.

Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic