RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Control Panel Beta Testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 3:00pm
There are still a number of things to find out but overall I'm very pleased.
ilewis04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilewis04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 4:02pm
Sadly we have a total show stopper of a problem. The new system does not allow the use of the - symbol in the item codes, our item codes are the same as our SKU numbers (logically) & 90% of them have a - in the number. The new control panel, good as it looks, is unusable for us - unless we want to completely renumber almost 1,000 products as well as all the changes that would be required to our stock control / ordering / invoicing systems, also a re-write of the web site itself....
Rechargeable batteries & more.
Component-Shop
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 4:04pm
Hi,
This is something we are looking into.
Many Thanks
Support
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 4:40pm
Have to say support have been pretty prompt at ironing out any problems, or appear to be. I believe some people have had problems that involve a more in depth quest for a solution which could not have been foreseen. But it appears on the face of it that they are trying to find solutions where possible.
tester1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 4:52pm
Hi support

I hope the issue regarding the product codes is resolved. We also have 3 carts with "-" in our product codes, involving a total of over 2000 products and it will be a total show-stopper for us.

Many thanks
ilewis04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilewis04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 3:06pm
Some sort of update regarding the inability to use a - in the item code would be appreciated. I was hoping to be able to give the control panel a good test out, but this is imposible at the moment as much of what I want to do it simply doesn't let me.
This issue shouldn't have come as a surprise, as our item codes are there to be seen (by Romancart) & I think that there are many people effected in the same way that we are.
At the moment we are in the latter stages of developing a new web site, (totally different domain) & if there is no guarantee forthcoming that this issue will be resolved & soon, then we will have no option but to use a different shopping cart.
Hopefully we will get some information soon, as no news will have to be treated the same way as bad news.
Component-Shop
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 3:50pm
Hi Iain,

If you read previous thread in this announcement forum, from Support on the 23rd, it says that the hyphen problem has been addressed. Even if you don't start using it yet, you could also sign up for the new control panel and follow the posts in 'new control panel forum'.

It's worth registering to receive all posts from the announcements forum.

Hope this helps,

Edited by Dave P - 25 April 2010 at 3:50pm
ilewis04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilewis04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 5:14pm
Thanks Dave,
I am already signed up to receive these posts & didn't get anything - I would have though that some note would have been added to this thread as it specifically related to this issue. I have also been in contact some time ago with Oliver at Romancart support who promised to advise on any developments & as I have heard nothing I assumed that it meant that there were no further developments. Anyway, I will have a look at the control panel again later, fingers crossed.
Component-Shop
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 5:19pm
If you didn't receive an e-mail maybe it went into you spam. Perhaps sign up again just in case there has been a blip somewhere.
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by ilewis04 ilewis04 wrote:

I am already signed up to receive these posts & didn't get anything

Iain,

Might be worth checking your spam filters etc. Occasionally, mine decided to trap Romancart posts
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic