RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stock control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 1:47pm
I've been asking for this feature for ages as you know, but nothing seems to be happening. I've tried working round it by making each applicable item a modifier in it's own right, then applying stock control. Trouble is, it doesn't seem to work. Even though I've got the main configuration as 'Do not use stock control' and the modifier for these products checked as stock controlled, I can still add more to the basket than the stock available. Am I doing something wrong? Can Support or anyone else help please?
Many thanks,
Regards,

Graham

Amber Chiropody Supplies
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 6:58pm
Hi Graham
I think support sometimes just reply with an answer that we want ie. the quote from them that this was something they were working on in order to stop us asking and with the hope that we will forget all about it, then nothing gets done and we go round in circles again with someone else asking for the same thing.
I think they should sort out the functions that exist already that need work done rather than working on new features and I am sure other users feel the same.
Any news on this one please Support?
Red
Amber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 9:44am
Hi, Red,
I feel I have to agree with you on all the points you've made; it's most frustrating when we ask for something we and others really need, and then other things get developed without any requests (who asked for an iPhone app?). What I am a bit cheesed off about is that we were told three months ago that this was actually being worked on, but it seems now that that was just not the case.
Regards,

Graham

Amber Chiropody Supplies
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 9:48am
Hi,

It was worked on, and the initial investigation showed that it is a very high risk addition, which will affect every single transaction on the cart and every 'add to basket' click.
We would rather hold back on adding features, than hastily add them risking normal cart function.

We do still plan on adding this though, however there are some things we need to do first which is why it has not happened yet.

Many Thanks
Support
Amber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 9:54am
Well at least we know the score now; in that case, Support, could you help me with my post from yesterday asking if there's a temporary workaround by creating single-product modifier, please? You'll see my post a couple of entries up on this page.
Thanks,
Regards,

Graham

Amber Chiropody Supplies
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 9:56am
Hi,
That won't work unfortunately as if the main configuration says 'don't use stock control' then it won't be used.
Kind Regards,
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 10:14am
Support
regarding your last post -

By being told over 3 months ago that this was being worked on anyone that had read that post would think it would be something that was being done, with no Updates from you we are bound to keep asking.
Is there any chance of you providing more updates on a regular basis regarding items that are being developed so at least we all know where we stand?
Red
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic