RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Edit and Delete Despatches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 7:55am
Hi Support
Is there any chance of an answer on this one please? your last answer was on the 21st - We have shown an example of how untidy our despatch emails look and an example of what we would like to be able to edit down to.
We need to keep the modifier information our customers give on the order to work from and in case of a dispute so editing that to be able to send a more presentable despatch email just would not work, there must be another way you could make the despatch product information editable. We know it will only be Roman Cart users that use modifiers that see this as a problem however it is a problem which we feel could be sorted by making the despatch information editable prior to sending the email.
Red
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 8:00am
We know Support read this forum notes, Please Support can we have a constructive answer - we have raised this question a number of times now both here in the forum and also direct by email. Support were looking into this at the start (which is now months ago) when we emailed them directly as we were asked to provide them with examples of the problem and also what we would prefer to see. We replied straight away to that email and provided what was asked for but since then Nothing other than a suggestion here on the forum to edit the Order Details, which is I am sure Support will agree not the answer. All we would like is a proper answer to our question ie. Is there any way Support can make the despatch email editable prior to sending?
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 12:12pm
Hi,
This is not something we are going to change.
Hypothetically - If you buy a Red Jumper then in the despatch note you need to have Red Jumper, not just Jumper.
Giving customers less information simply cannot be a good idea.

As before, the despatch email gets the info from the order record, so you can edit this on the sales manager which would change the text which appears in the despatch email. We would never advise doing this though.

Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 12:41pm
ear Miss --------, your order with aecollars will be despatched today by Royal Mail - www.royalmail.com

Your Order tracking Ref. is RJ*********GB - posted 21st Oct 2010 using www.royalmail.com

1 x L1F 1/2" (13mm) Lead (Black & Chrome, 30 inch (760mm))
1 x L2B2 3/4" (19mm) Lead (Australian Nut & Brass, 39 1/2, Stafford Knot Option)
1 x W41 3/4" (19mm) Collar (Australian Nut & Brass, Leather Backed, Bitch, 2 years and above, 16 inch neck (407mm), Stafford Knot Option, Change Heads by D Ring to Head 6, Change Heads by Buckle to Head 6, Keep Collar Width 3/4 inch (19mm) as shown)
1 x W72 5/8" (16mm) Collar (Black & Chrome, Leather Backed, Bitch, 9 to 12 months, 16 inch neck (407mm), Stafford Knot Option, Head Stud Option, Keep Collar Width 5/8 inch (16mm) as shown)

Hi Support
I understand you saying that you should put something like Red Jumper rather than just Jumper in the despatch email but if the product information area was editable we could do that. Have you taken a proper look at the above sample email we end up sending when we send a despatched email? We do not see why the despatch product information area could not be editable so Roman Cart users have a choice of how the despatch information looks - modifier information could then be removed from the email. Our customers already see their full order details a number of times prior to the despatch email being sent and I am sure all they are interested in is to be told the order is being despatched and a tracking reference plus short description of order contents - they do not need every modifier also printed on it.
We need to keep the full order details given by the customer when they select modifier options for our records so as you say editing the order prior to sending a despatch is not the answer to this. We cannot not see why it should be such a problem to you to add an option to edit the product information area prior to sending a despatch email.
Very unhappy Roman cart user
Red
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 5:28pm
I agree with support on this one. Better to send the exact info that has been ordered rather than an edited version. Peeps may think you've sent out the item without the requested modifiers! If they have all that on the invoice, I don't see why they should get the hump seeing it again on the despatch. I bet theres a lot of work/programming making it editable and I can't see the reason for doing it other than to mislead your customer. If you have that many modifiers for one item then best to show it.
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 6:28pm
Hi peter.pwa
We are not the only ones who would like to be able to edit the despatch email and I cannot see why you feel that the ability to edit an untidy and complicated looking despatch email would be taken as trying to mislead our customers. Our customers have the full order details emailed to them a number of times prior to the despatch email which gives them the chance to check and ask for alterations to their order if they wish to do so. A full copy of the order details with modifier choices are listed on the invoice enclosed with their order. The point we were trying to make is that we would like the choice to be able to have some control over the look of the despatch email we send to our customers, which we do not see as that big an ask of support.
Red
liz15a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz15a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 7:49am
Hi
I think being able to edit despatches would be very useful too - the nature of my business means I send substitute items and I would like to show what is infact being despatched rather than what was ordered. We also sometimes send more of an item than ordered and I am currently unable to edit that too. I would find it extremely useful if whatever I typed in the 'additional info' box or whatver it is called could show on the despatch note.

Clearly people have their own reasons for needing to edit information - I dont think it is fair for others or support to question their reasons why simply because they personally cant see a need for it.
Cheers, Liz
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 8:04am
Hi,
liz15a - the product information in the despatch email is the same as on the order. If you are changing the order contents then you should edit the order and update it with the correct information, then this will be included on the despatch email.
Use the <otherinformation> tag on your despatch email sub header or footer at 'tools'/'options'/'email' to have your additional info included in the email.

Many Thanks
Support
liz15a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz15a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 8:27am
thanks about the tag for the additional info - I didnt see/know about that bit so thats useful.

I dont really agree with editing the order though as this is altering the record and no longer showing what was actually ordered. What the customer ordered is what they ordered - I'm not technically changing their order, I'm just send a substitute or less/extra of something - its not the same thing to me. (If someone ordered something then phoned and said they wanted to change it to something else then yes thats changing the order and I would edit the order, but if I dont have a particular item available and am sending a replacement (they have ticked a box saying I can send substitutes) - to me thats not the same and the customers actual order hasnt changed, just what is being sent)

But the additional info bit means I can at least tell the customer what I need to so thats good.
Cheers, Liz
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 8:32am
Hi,
liz15a - Thank you for your support on this, being able to edit the information sent in the despatch emails would I am sure be of use to a number of Roman Cart customers and I cannot see why Support are so negative on this. I do not agree with supports sugestion that in order to send a despatch email that we are happy with that we should edit and change the customers order details, what happens then if a customer disputes the order received and you no longer have the origional information. Please Support I am sure this would not be that much work to add for those of us who feel we need this, is there any chance that you could add an editable element to the despatch email?
Red
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic