RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Suggested Features

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GX160Parts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggested Features
    Posted: 19 November 2010 at 10:16am
I have been thinking of a few imrpoved features which could be added to Roman Cart to make things easier. The list is....

1. On the Product Manager it would be usefuel to have a product "Cost Price" column.

2. When Customers order an "Out of Stock" item it would be useful for an email to be sent that can be configured automatically. Fior example saying "Dear Steve, the item(s) yopu have just ordered are currently out of stock. We have placed this order on back order and will dispatch as soon as our next batch of stock arrives. We anticipate this to be within the next 5 days".

It would also be great if it could actually list the products that the customer ordered that were out of stock.

You would not believe the number of customers i get phone calls from wanting to know where their part is even though they clearly ordered it when it stated out of stock!

3. The ability to export more than 50 items at a time!

4. Some form of basic Stock reporting. eg calculating the stock cost and retail value of a given category or total products in Product Manager.

5. Something i suggested a while back and Support seemed to be interested in, but nothing has been done yet! On the Dispatch page, instead of having to type in the dispatch type (eg, Royal Mail Recorded Delivery, Royal Mail Special Delivery, etc) could this not be on a drop down menu based on the shipping names entered. When you have a lot of invoices top dispatch it takes some time to type this out for everyone and also type the tracking code.

Any comments or additions?

Tim
GX160Parts.Com
Genuine Honda Parts

Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 10:51am
Hi,

One problem is that one product often does not have one cost price.
i.e. if you have 1000 in stock you might have bought 500 of them at a cheaper price 6 months ago.
Although maybe the answer to this is that each stock 'batch' would need to be set up as a separate product?

Many Thanks
Support
GX160Parts View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GX160Parts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:33pm
That could work. So could some of these things be implemented?
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GX160Parts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:33pm
WELL SUPPORT. Any news if any of these things could be implemented?

I have been using Simply Invoicing software in work and seems a simple bit of software similar to the Product Manager in terms of stock control and pricing. They can generate simple reports in terms of profit and loss etc. Could some of tehse features be implemented in Roman Cart in the near future.

Tim
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GX160Parts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2011 at 3:43pm
On another note, is there any easy way of searching for all part dispatched orders? Sometimes i have orders that are a few weeks on back order for special order items. Being able to click on "Select all Part Dispatched Orders" from a drop down list or button would make sure none get "lost" amongst all the other orders. I know that they are highlighted in a different colour but some of my special order backorders can be up to 2 months by the time theyare produced and these drop off the pages. I therefore have to keep a manual note of the order number. Having a click for part dispatched orders also ans i could print out a report of back order invoice numbers etc.

Please implement some of these as it would make everyones life a lo easier i am sure!

Tim
gx160parts.com
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GX160Parts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 10:51pm
Support? Any comments? Does support still supply support?!!!!
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GX160Parts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 10:28am
COME ON SUPPORT. Stop developing your useless Iphone App and respond to what YOUR CUSTOMERS WANT!

Anyone else feel let down by supports response?

Please comment onthe various features above!

Tim
Amber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2011 at 8:39am
Support, as you can see by the number of posts over the last few weeks, the issue of enhancements and improvements is proving to be a big one, and is not going to go away. There is most certainly a feeling of disappointment and even resentment that requests are going unacknowledged and even ignored. What has really irritated many lately is that the iPhone app was created which benefits very few, whilst lots of other, much more pressing requests have gone without mention. Also, the new status icon next to the customer’s name in the Product Manager is all well and good, but to the best of my knowledge, no-one asked for this addition, so why was this conceived and developed when so many other important things were waiting in the wings? I believe it really is time that you formulated some system or arrangement with regards to customer’s wishes, rather than just remark that some requests will be ‘looked into’ or are ‘on the list of possible future enhancements’, never to be heard of again.
You can see that there is a growing tide of disgruntlement, and it is at your own peril that you ignore the wishes of your customers; many will give up and go elsewhere.
You should consult with us all much more, and respond more positively to requests; we feel we are kept in the dark over possible future developments. None of us have the slightest idea of what improvements may be in the pipeline, or what you’re working on at any one time.
A bit more openness and co-operation from you, please.
Regards,

Graham

Amber Chiropody Supplies
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2011 at 9:34am
The 'ability to export more than 50 items at a time' would save so much time when manually creating datafeeds.

Why is it technically impossible to do?
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2011 at 10:34am
We also would like support to list items that they are developing so at least we all know what then to expect and maybe offer suggestions at the time of the development as to what is needed. Maybe Support could give us a list of items for development and the option then for us users to vote as to which order they should be worked on dependant on which we feel is most needed.
Red
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic