RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Website Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Image Size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkhopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Image Size
    Posted: 21 March 2011 at 3:11am
Hi all - newbie here and getting to grips with Roman Cart!

I have a simple question - what is the optimum image size for the basket - I have tried a few different sizes and they seem a little slow loading.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Corks
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 9:17am
Hi Corks
From our own experience it is a case of trying different sizes till you find one that works for your pictures and that you are happy with the look of and the load time. I do not think this is something that many of us use yet, we have used it so far on 2/3rds of our website but need to finish putting the pictures onto the rest - need to find more time in the day (oh dear, just come to me that the clocks have changed, iŽd better start work.)
Red
ponyandcarriage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponyandcarriage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:06am
Hi

We use product pictures in product manager for all of our items now, makes it so much easier when going in to the categories to spot the item that needs changes etc.

I also think it looks good and professional for customers adding the items to the basket and seeing a picture of the item.

Havant yet got round to using cross sell up sell features to see what it looks like then.

We use picture sizes of approximately 288X237 and from approximately 15kb up to 35kb.

Martin
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 1:29pm
Hi there,

I too have just started using this feature.

I'm using 100x100 pixel images for the cart.

To view, go to my website www.pumps4mums.co.uk and put anything called 'ameda' in my cart.

In retrospect, if I could use rectangular images (landscape) at say 100x75, then this probably would have fitted even better!

Richard.
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 2:52pm
Our problem with what size to go for relates to the fact that the area for the pictures seems to be square as most of our pictures are rectangular, so in the end we just went for a uniform 150 pixel wide. We found that we needed to take into account how the picture would look with the order details next to it - we have a lot of modifiers so the order text next to the picture then looks a mess if you opt for too large an image size.
Red
corkhopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkhopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 7:34pm
Thanks for all your replies - very helpful

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic