FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Manage Products: Quantity Pricing Section

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manage Products: Quantity Pricing Section
    Posted: 24 March 2011 at 1:55pm
Hi Andrea,

Sorry I was under the impression that after 5 the discount was no longer applied.

Not a problem though, it just means in the price for threshold 2 you would put 2.70 (4 x 2.50 = 10 | 10 + 3.50 = 13.50 | 13.50/5 = 2.70)

Kind Regards

James
agoodsaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agoodsaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 1:49pm
re this part:
"so from what i've heard on the phone, you are selling 1 item at 3.50, 4 for 10 and 9 for 20, but 5 and 10 do not get a discount"

4 of the 5 DO get a discount - but #5 does not

Andrea
agoodsaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agoodsaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 1:47pm
Hi James -

Appreciate the help.

Here are the cart updates I made:
http://screencast.com/t/bSQN5wFdH3kE

And here's how it's totaling in the cart:
http://screencast.com/t/Q6lNTygNKr90

It looks like Threshold2 is now overriding Threshold1?

Total we're shooting for is 13.50

On another note - the client has suggested this:

"I'm thinking in my head a singles page and 4's page and a 9's page, so if they want more than 1 they choose the 4's page and so on. Or does that not work like that?"

Bearing in mind that these 23 items are also intended to be 100% assortable in the cart (ie. any 4 'flavors' for the discount price schedule) - is this a viable solution?

Thanks,
Andrea
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 1:19pm
Hi Andrea,

Sorry for the late reply, so from what i've heard on the phone, you are selling 1 item at 3.50, 4 for 10 and 9 for 20, but 5 and 10 do not get a discount

So you would setup quantity discounts like this..

QDgroup = (whatever you wish)

Threshold1 = 4
Price = 2.50

Threshold2 = 5
Price = 3.50

Threshold3 = 9
Price = 2.22

There is an issue with Threshold 3 because 20 isn't divisible by 9, the closest I could get to 20 is 2.22 (2.22 x 9 = 19.98)

Hope this is suitable

Kind Regards

James
agoodsaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agoodsaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:42am
Okay super guys - thank you.

I understand the QDgroup part perfectly.

One last question then ...

Is it possible to sell in groups of 4 & 9 - but not discount #5 or #10?

ie. a mixed group of 4 = each get a discount

But then 5-8 of the same item = full price until 9 pieces are in the cart?

This is how these things are sold locally at a market and I'm trying to recreate that.

The way I have set it up currently - anything past threshold 2 gets the discount price - until hitting threshold 3 when everything gets a further discount.

Thanks for your time,
Andrea

Nobby View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:22am
Hi Andrea
The QDGroup field is used if you want to offer a quantity discount when a range of goods are entered into the cart.
i.e. say your discount is for 12 or more this can be made up between several products as long as they all have the same QDGroup name entered in that field.

Cheers
nobby
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:18am
Hi Guys

The QDgroup field is used to group several products together for the same quantity discounts.

So for example, if you are selling five tshirts but they all you need the quantity discount to apply to all those tshirts (when customers mix and match) you would put all those tshirts in the same QDgroup.

Kind Regards

James
Amber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:12am
I don't know, to be honest, Andrea, ours is left blank. I can only assume it's a group name you give it for reference.
Regards,

Graham

Amber Chiropody Supplies
agoodsaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agoodsaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:08am
Thanks Graham -

Do you know what goes in the QDGroup field?

Is that a name for all of the like items that can combine in the cart for that discount?

Appreciate it,
Andrea
Amber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 9:29am
Hi,
Enter the quantity at which the new price kicks in; in your case:

Threshold 1
Price     x
Threshold 4
Price     y
Threshold 9
Price     z

Hope this helps,
Regards,

Graham

Amber Chiropody Supplies