RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Restrictng product delivery location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Restrictng product delivery location
    Posted: 26 August 2011 at 4:59pm
There seems to be a problem. When introducing a category of products that has selected delivery locations, when then putting the item in the cart it correctly shows it as not available if the country has not been checked in the category setup. When attempting to go to checkout it also correctly does not allow you to.

However, if you choose to pay by PayPal (maybe Google Checkout too) and click that button instead of the normal RC checkout button, it allows the sale.

Some 30% of our orders are paid for by Paypal these days and this is a considerable problem.

Can support advise on this please.
stuartvb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:52am
A reply of some sort would be nice!
Support Oliver View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 11:09am
Hi,
This is a tricky one, the difficulty here because if someone uses their PayPal account or PayPal express rather than entering their cart details it actually bypasses Romancart's restrictions and settings.

Essentially it is an alternate checkout service. Settings you can apply are, disabling the facility to use a paypal account with paypal standard or in Website Payments Pro disable the PayPal Express checkout option.

You will also see there are options in the PayPal setup within RomanCart to ensure that the PayPal user cannot change the delivery address. This means they should not be able to continue to process there order. We will investigate Google Checkout and see if the same thing happens.

Many Thanks
AnnieCov View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieCov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 2:40pm
We've had a strange issue like this today. A buyer managed to purchase a large item and managed to enter a USA postal address. We had the regions for posting ALL set to UK only. We can't possibly post a 2Kg item to the USA for £3.99.

I immdeiately checked the shipping configuration. ALL regional setting had cleared over night. They were there yesterday because I added a new service (RM Tracked). I also changed the weight bands on others. I double checked all of them before saving and they all still had UK only set properly.

How did all this disappear overnight?

Quality Poster, Photo and Canvas Printing

CD/DVD Duplication

AMC Photographics
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by AnnieCov AnnieCov wrote:

We've had a strange issue like this today. A buyer managed to purchase a large item and managed to enter a USA postal address. We had the regions for posting ALL set to UK only. We can't possibly post a 2Kg item to the USA for £3.99.

I immdeiately checked the shipping configuration. ALL regional setting had cleared over night. They were there yesterday because I added a new service (RM Tracked). I also changed the weight bands on others. I double checked all of them before saving and they all still had UK only set properly.

How did all this disappear overnight?

I've had simlar happen to me, working all fine for months and then all of a sudden doesn't work. When I look all the settings have cleared. I have never fathomed out why. Its a bit like my product manager I can stock check everything one day and next day its all out of alignment again.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 10:21pm
Hi,
AnnieCov - you need to go to 'configure'/'payment methods' and click on the 'configure' icon for PayPal Express.
Then look for the tickbox which starts 'Check the Country and County/State on the PayPal account against the location the customer has selected'

This is not the cart losing any settings, it is because with PayPal Express the address comes from PayPal it is not entered on the cart, so you need to tick that box if you want to restrict those customers by location.

With regard to Rainshoes comments, the only way that stock is changed is by importing new stock levels or entering them on each product, or entering them on the product manager main screen, where you can update several products at once. If using stock control then stock will be depleted as they are sold. If you are not sure why your stock levels are changing then it will be one of these, as this is the only way that stock levels can change.

If you have made changes but when you go back in it is as it was before, then - with the greatest respect, it can only be that you forgot to save the changes.
If you have more than one cart then - again with the greatest respect - make sure that you are looking on the correct cart.

Many Thanks
Support
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 8:15am
Sorry beg to differ re stock. I know it changes when someone buys etc. But I have had new stock and entered it against the product and checked it exactly matches what is in the box. A day or so later I will be one short of the total whether anyone has bought anything or not. I've given up asking for help regarding this as I get the same answer as above from you and its clearly none of these. It happens occasionally so I just live with it. I also have "not to sell if out of stock ticked" and I still get -1 product in the stock on occasions also, which again I've given up asking for help on as I get the same old same old so don't bother and live with it.

Incidentally I just use standard paypal and I've had all the settings disappear on occasions for products such as the kit boxes and chairs we sell which are restricted delivery, although in my example it meant they couldn't order the item at all. I've had to manually re-set as AnnieCov did.

But of course with all tech support it is always down to user error, and couldn't possibly be anything wrong with anything else. Yes 99.9% of the time it is user error, but sometimes it just isn't.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic