RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Menu Changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Menu Changes
    Posted: 20 September 2011 at 10:32am
Hi,

Please note that some of the options have moved from the 'Manage' menu to a new 'Configure' menu to make way for some new options.

These options are ...
Payment Methods
Shipping
Tax
Countries
Extra Checkout Fields
SSL Secure Images

Many Thanks
Support
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 5:08pm
Hi Support,

And the new options are ?

I ask as they don't seem to do anything.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 5:09pm
Hi,
The new options are not available or useable yet.
However they will be for...
1. Subscriptions - allowing merchants to sell automated subscriptions.
2. Invoices - allowing merchants to create an invoice which is then emailed to the customer for payment.
Many Thanks
Support
ilewis04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilewis04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 5:43pm
At first I was very interested in the "Invoices" option & what that might mean, sadly what is given above will be of no use at all. What we need is the ability to take telephone orders & directly input them & generate an invoice indicating payment received (in a simple way) Also for our trade account customers, the ability to have 30 day terms is a must. One other thing that we really could do with, is the ability to customise the invoice / packing note layout. Currently it is not possible to do this in a way that fits our stationary & so addresses have to be typed in manually - such a waste of time!
Rechargeable batteries & more.
Component-Shop
Amber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 5:57pm
iLewis,
I'm only speculating, but it might be possible to generate an invoice from a telephone order going by what Support have said above. We too, have had the same problem with telephone orders; we have to go through our website creating the order manually and then sort out the payment at the end. With the new system it might be possible to generate it directly, and then mark it as paid, far easier than what we have to do at present.
Would this be the case, Support, please?
Regards,

Graham

Amber Chiropody Supplies
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 6:09pm
Hi,

Have you seen the screencast below?

https://admin.romancart.com/v111/info/screencast.asp?topic=lockedpsp

Many Thanks
Support
graham57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graham57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 9:20pm
Can you tell me when the subscription service will be usable? Will it be available for all payment methods. It is something I have been looking into using PayPal.
We are looking for a system that we can use to sign clients up to when they are in the office as well as them doing so on line.

Thanks

Graham
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 10:12pm
Hi,

Auto-recharging of subscriptions will only be available for use with RomanCart Payments, our new payments service which will also be available soon.

If you don't want to allow auto-recharging then you could use any payment method.

Many Thanks
Support
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 8:37am
Originally posted by ilewis04 ilewis04 wrote:

At first I was very interested in the "Invoices" option & what that might mean, sadly what is given above will be of no use at all. What we need is the ability to take telephone orders & directly input them & generate an invoice indicating payment received (in a simple way) Also for our trade account customers, the ability to have 30 day terms is a must. One other thing that we really could do with, is the ability to customise the invoice / packing note layout. Currently it is not possible to do this in a way that fits our stationary & so addresses have to be typed in manually - such a waste of time!

You can already do payment by invoice etc from the invoice created by the cart. We used to do it but stopped it because of people not paying. I used to write down what the customer wanted over the phone and their contact details, e-mail address etc. I then "bought" the stuff through the web site and entered their details at checkout. It created an invoice in the product manager which because I had entered the clients e-mail address was sent to them. At checkout you can have a self made button called "pay by invoice". I then set my invoices up in the product manager to say Terms 30 days at the top.   Not difficult and not impossible to have a workaround.

The only problem I have is if I want to send someone a copy of an invoice for any other reason I have to create it as a PDF before I can e-mail. I don't know how the new set up will work, but I am hoping it will mean I don't have to do this.

ilewis04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilewis04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 10:48am
Problem with buying through the web site yourself as a telephone order is that it requires an e-mail address - most of our telephone customers don't have internet access hence the fact they order over the phone. So in order to get round that you put in an address of your own but then have to edit it out prior to printing the invoice. My desire is to reduce the clicking / typing. We currently have a system based on excel which allows us to create manual orders, you simply enter the part number & it fills in the description & price, totals it all up, adds the appropriate postage, gives totals including VAT breakdown & as we were in full control of the layout it prints out as a properly formatted invoice onto paper with integrated labels for address (including Royal Mail PPI insignis & order number barcode) return address & a small label to go into our dispatch book. As we cannot configure the layout of Romancart invoices we have to input addresses seperately in order to generate address labels with our PPI insignia on them.
Quite simply, in its current form the invoicing methods available through Romancart will not be beneficial to us. I was just hoping that the new changes would bring in more of the features we are looking for - many other carts do have these features. There is an obvious benefit in having a single system processing all orders.
Rechargeable batteries & more.
Component-Shop
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic