RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Customer Info and Extra Checkout Fields

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjdalio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customer Info and Extra Checkout Fields
    Posted: 27 February 2012 at 7:55pm
I am having trouble autofilling extra checkout fields.. What field names are they assigned?
cjdalio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjdalio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2012 at 8:55pm
Also, None of the fields seem to work unless I send ALL the fields with data in them... And when I do, the user cannot modify it. So if they use a family member or spouses credit card and the info does not match my registration info they cannot change it..
So my questions are:
1. Is there a way to post values so they can still be edited in the cart?
2. If not, can I post info to only a few fields rather than ALL?
3. If so, what field name do you use for any "Additional Checkout Fields" I have added?
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2012 at 11:30am
Hi,

You cant post data to the extra checkout fields from your website. You can only do this with the default checkout fields.

Once the data has been posted it cant be edited. You don't have to post to all fields, the only field you must post to is Address1.

Thanks

James (Support)
cjdalio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjdalio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2012 at 3:54pm
It locks all the fields even if I only post to address 1.. It seems stupid to lock it in that way.. I am having information sent back to my site to verify payment and proceed with course enrollment and I do not want to add a member to the roster until I recieve payment. I need a reliable field to use to match up thier entry in my database. Thier email is thier user name which would be best, but I dont want to lock people out of changing the billing address in case they use a different one than what they registered with on the school site. If I am forced to post address in order to post email, and they cannot edit the info later it does me no good. I can insert username into the product name, but it clutters the description in the cart and makes extracting the user name more difficult since I already post addition item names for location and date..
What is your reccomendation for this? I cannot prohibit billing info entry or editing, and lots of our students use a parents card to pay, so I cannot rely on our Student Registration matching the Billing Info.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2012 at 3:56pm
Hi,
Toggle this at 'tools'/'options'/'checkout'/'Passed in details are Read Only'
Many Thanks
Support
cjdalio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjdalio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2012 at 7:10pm
That was well hidden... Thank you so much!!!
cjdalio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjdalio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2012 at 8:46pm
Ok.. One more question, although I believe I know the answer already.. If I post customer info with the box unchecked so the fields can be edited, is there a way to lock only one field?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2012 at 10:17pm
Hi,
Unfortunately not.
Thanks
Support
coffeefirst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeefirst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:26pm
Can you please provide a sample of how to post customer values to the default checkout fields?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:46pm
Hi,
For examples please go to RomanCart.com
Click on the 'how it works' tab.
Then click the link for complex buttons.
It shows all the fields you can send to the cart with examples.
Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic