RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > What do other carts do that RomanCart does not?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Current Shipping Time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Current Shipping Time
    Posted: 24 March 2012 at 9:05am
Hi Raineshoe
Yes exactly , I just wish people would read as it would save us a lot of time.
We have the make up and despatch time as a note on the confirmation email, also on our ordering details, home and Terms and Conditions pages on our website but as you say we still get asked on a regular basis. We just thought that if we could include a small area either below our product links or near the basket link on each page with something along the lines of something we saw on another website -

Current shipping time
for custom stamps:
1-2 days
Large stamps may take longer.

that would maybe help, but as this would then be on most pages of the website it would need to be something that we could change quickly.
anyway I thought it was worth asking
Red
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Support James Support James wrote:

Hi Red,

I'm afraid not, most merchants don't need to update their shipping times that often.

I see most merchants that use RomanCart simply have a section on their checkout that says 'product abc will be shipped in 3 days, product def will be shipped in 5 days' or something along those lines.

Thanks

James

But as we've found too people don't read what's there and still ask the question...
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 7:08pm
Hi James
I understand that however most of our items are made to order and our make up and despatch time does change, I just thought it might help stop customers asking so often
Thanks for the reply anyway
Red
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 7:01pm
Hi Red,

I'm afraid not, most merchants don't need to update their shipping times that often.

I see most merchants that use RomanCart simply have a section on their checkout that says 'product abc will be shipped in 3 days, product def will be shipped in 5 days' or something along those lines.

Thanks

James
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 6:04pm
Hi James
Is something like this possible?
Red
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 5:30pm
Hi James
I have just seen a website that has the following -

Current shipping time
for custom stamps:
1-2 days
Large stamps may take longer.

which I thought would be a good addition, if we could add an area on our own websites for something along these lines with a Roman cart code to add in for the 1 - 2 days or whatever we want to update the time frame to it would save time reposting a website every time we need to change it.
Red

Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 5:21pm
Hi Red,

How do you mean exactly, do you have an example or an idea of how you think this would operate?

Thanks

James
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 5:18pm
Is it possible for you to add a Current Shipping Time which could be updated via the cart along the lines used for the Real Time Prices?
Red
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic