RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extra Sales Export Fields

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extra Sales Export Fields
    Posted: 10 April 2013 at 6:29pm
Hi,

From the 1st May there will be 2 new fields in the export file(s) from the sales manager.

totalweight field will be before the totalshipping field
itemweight field will be before the quantity field.

Many Thanks
Support
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 7:23am
Hi Support,

Is this not happening after all?

Today's download (single file) didn't include the new fields.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 8:23am
Hi,
This change has now been applied.
Many Thanks
Support
RitaL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RitaL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 11:04am
Hi,

You have added the "totalweight" field to the "items" file. (when downloading the seperate files) instead of "itemweight" !
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 11:09am
Hi,
This is now fixed. The data was correct but the column header was wrong.
Many Thanks
Support
AJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:11pm
Oh great, that's marvellous - NOT!
You did this about two years ago, change the export format without telling anyone. Why can't you email your customers in good time about changes like this. Have you no idea just what sort of hassle and time this creates for anyone relying on a set format export.
We have programs which rely on posting data into the correct columns into the database. If you just change the column order at will then the import process doesn't work.
You really need a better change request procedure instead of relying on forum posts to inform users of such a major change.
Now I will have to create a new database table and alter the import program.
Why don't you offer the option to allow users to keep with the export format they are happy with and another which has the enhancements which others may want.
Yours annoyed
AJ
100Karen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100Karen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:32pm
I have to say I agree with AJ.

Customers should be emailed the details of prospective changes such as this as you can't assume all Roman Cart customers are Roman Cart Forum users that will see the notice.

This obviously impacts anyone who exports their data to a third party program which I would imagine is a large proportion of Roman Cart Users.

A change similar to this caused us a massive headache some time ago and left us unable to process Roman Cart orders in our Third Party software for several days until their program was amended.

It would not be a lot of effort to produce a quick email direct to all customers to warn them of the changes such as this, rather than leave them floundering and wondering what has gone wrong with their export/import!
AJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 11:14pm
Thanks Karen,
I have used this forum twice, each time to try and discover why our import had failed. Each time it's because there have been unannounced changes to the export file.
This time I was a little more clued up as to what the problem was, but I wasn't around when the user was trying to import the orders on May 2nd and she had to type them in manually into Access Forms. Have you any idea how long this can take?
Roman Cart Team, you really need to get your act sorted on this. As Karen said, it's just not acceptable to find out about these enhancements after your imports start failing.
Think on. This is twice now.
I have been working over two hours trying to sort this and that doesn't allow for the hours the user was manually typing in the data.
AJ
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 7:15am
Support announced this nearly 1 month ago. Perhaps you could try reading the forums, or subscribing to the to announcements as a way of gaining information which is freely available, instead of complaining when it doesn't do what you expect.

Edited by Dave P - 04 May 2013 at 7:15am
AJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 8:43am
Dave,
Where is this announced? Just on the announcements thread of the forum?
I guess a compromise would be a warning next to the export button telling the user that there has been a change. That way you can save time and then investigate the changes which have been made.
Doesn't that seem more reasonable than having to sift through every announcement?
Worldpay send out emails to their customers warning them of changes that may affect them. Their customers are not expected to subscribe to a forum which they are not really interested in order to see the one posting in two years which tells them of a change which affects their export.
AJ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic