RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PayPal Express Now Shows Products

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 12:21pm
Hello Supoort

I have just had a customer try to place an order and to pay by PayPal Express and got this message:

Error: The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
Merchant: Please ensure your PayPal API settings are configured in accordance with the RomanCart instructions.

I have tried it myself making a duplicate order and it works OK.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 12:53pm
Hi,

If you have not - Please can you make sure that you have tried *exactly* what the customer did. The same tax region, the same item, the same quantity and the same shipping methods, and also any discounts.

If you do manage to reproduce the issue please let us know.

Many Thanks
Support
Keith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 1:28pm
Just tried it again exactly as he ordered, he did have discount and was from the Netherlands, and it works perfect every time.

Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 7:31pm
Hi,
Please note that PayPal Express checkout cannot handle zero value line items.

For this reason if an order has one or more zero value line items, the cart will not send the line item details for the entire order.

(If we did the customer would not see the free item on the PayPal basket which would cause confusion).

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 9:40am
Will someone help me please?

Should we be seriously considering PayPal Express Checkout or seriously considering PayPal Pro as currently plastered all over the log in pages?

Are RC on some sort of brilliant bung from PayPal because in the space of a couple of weeks you seem to have changed your tune about which version of PayPoo we should be using?

Can someone spell out the advantages (apart from the £250 bribe which I won't get as an existing customer) for me. I'm a bit thick.
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 11:45am
Support,
I would like to add to the above, Why are Roman Cart plugging Paypal and taking the time to promote/develop new Roman Cart pages for this when there are more important things that they could be doing with their time ie. better looking/working cart pages inc. mobile phone version, vouchers that work for the total order costs inc. of postage.
In other words things that Roman Cart Customers want and have asked for via this forum.
Red
jonathanscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonathanscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2014 at 2:07pm
Support
The problem i'm having with Paypal Express showing product descriptions is that all my product are tickets, and their ItemNames include some formatting instructions such as <big> or <strong>. This is so that when RC produces a printable E-ticket, the layout of the ticket is appropriately formatted.
But now these descriptions appear when paying on Paypal Express and look a bit odd, if not dodgy. Is there any way i can turn the descriptions off?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2014 at 9:32pm
Hi,
Please put the markup for the itemname etc. Into the ticket template, not into the actual itemname, which will resolve this issue.

Many Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonathanscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2014 at 10:01am
Thanks support but i'm using a variety of different markups within the text contained in the Itemname field as well as needing line breaks, hence the need to put markups within the field itself.
I was just wondering whether, say, it might be possible to pass the text in the Description field to paypal express, rather than the Itemname text - or at least to have that option?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonathanscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2014 at 10:10am
...Or, support, an option to provide an override... like in the setup for Paypal standard, where you can enter a generic description of all the goods you sell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic