RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cart Abandonment Rates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megansjigsaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cart Abandonment Rates
    Posted: 24 February 2014 at 8:45pm
I have been looking at my cart exit rates and they seem a little high, 32% exit for desktop cart and 55% for mobile cart, then looking at my payment page and it's even higher, 33% and 75%.
Anyone else see these issues?
Romancart - what suggestions do you have to reduce this?
When will we be able to customise the mobile cart and payment page?

Thanks
ckart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2014 at 8:59pm
I've just had a quick look out of curiosity & got a security warning. The pages is https, but the main logo isn't on a secure server, this could put a lot of people off.

Hope that helps.

Steve
megansjigsaws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megansjigsaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2014 at 9:09pm
Ah, good spot! Any idea how I get it on a secure server?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megansjigsaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2014 at 9:35pm
I think I have changed it now, Steve if you could take a 2nd look and see if the secure message has changed? Thank you
ckart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2014 at 10:09pm
That's better, all now showing as secure

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megansjigsaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2014 at 10:37pm
Thanks, what browser are you using?

Let's see if that helps, RC - would still be good to have your feedback too
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2014 at 11:04am
Re: cart redesign promised over a year ago by RC - any news RC?? - I am actively looking to move to another platform as RC's cart design is so dated and inflexible. ShopIntegrator offers a lot more for a lot less than RC - and a cart hosted on our own server is another option. Under the hood RC is quite good - but the customer-facing side of things are frankly archaic IMHO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2014 at 11:15am
@ Jackslad -

Agreed - subscription's up in 13 days and I am wondering how long it will take to make the mobile cart customisable?

RC works really well, but I sometimes wonder if the priotities are a little out of sync. It's supposed to be a vehicle for selling things.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2014 at 12:24pm
Hi,

With regard to abandonment rates these depend on the type of products you are selling. Different products seem to have different abandonment rates. The main thing to look out for is if they suddenly change.
The best thing to do is to do a test transaction and see if you can see any reason why someone might not want to continue with the transaction.

Jackslad/Rscass - I realise we have been talking about this for a while however new functionality, including 'total cart customization' will start appearing later this week. See http://www.romancart.com/sell-more/tabs/storefrontdemo.html for a demo of some of this in action.

Many Thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 25 February 2014 at 12:25pm
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2014 at 12:58pm
Hi Support - had a looksee at your new design - very impressed - as long as we can have it our "house" colours the new design will be very effective and seems to cover all of my earlier criticisms about regions etc.
  Share Topic