RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New features will be released soon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New features will be released soon
    Posted: 25 February 2014 at 4:08pm
Hi,

We have a number of new features which will be released soon which add a huge amount of functionality to RomanCart.

1. Total Cart customization - the ability to choose a template or design your own cart.
2. RomanCart storefront - paste a couple of lines of code onto your web page and an entire shop will instantly appear there.
3, RomanCart mobile site - paste a line of code onto your home page and your mobile visitors will see a complete mobile site with your products and information on.

To see a testing demo of this, please see http://www.romancart.com/sell-more/tabs/storefrontdemo.html

Many Thanks
Support
megansjigsaws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megansjigsaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2014 at 9:11pm
Hi,

Does this include a customization for the mobile cart too?

Thanks
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2014 at 9:19pm
Hi,
Yes, this will also be customizable.
Many thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 8:57am
Support
not sure what I am supposed to see here?

re your " I realise we have been talking about this for a while however new functionality, including 'total cart customization' will start appearing later this week.", to us Total customization would include being able to change colours to our own website ones, it is no good to us at all until this is also available, I don`t see the point of releasing it, again a half finished introduction?
you release New functions that are not properly finished or work correctly and then you then go off onto another project and never get round to finishing them, we have waited a long time for this so I would have expected you to be able to introduce what you are marketing "Total Cart Customization".
Red
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 9:01am
Just had a little play with this by inserting some of the code into a blank page in Dreamweaver to recreate the storefront. Looks good, but how much customisation will be allowed with it? For example, will we be able to alter page widths, typeface etc.

Edited by raineshoe - 26 February 2014 at 9:02am
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 9:16am
Hi,

Red - I'm not sure I understand your point - Total Cart Customization will ultimately allow you to design your cart exactly as you want it, not just changing colours. To begin with you will only be able to select a pre-designed template - this is so we can determine if there are any problems with it which need sorting out. Easy if we have control over the templates, however we wouldn't be able to correct thousands of user templates.
The releases we are talking about here are pretty much all the 'unfinished projects' it's just that one leads to the next and it makes sense to develop them together.

Rainshoe - Storefront is template based. at the moment we actually only have one template which is the one you see, but essentially you will be able to design the storefront exactly as you like using html and special tags.

We should have some screencasts available later today on some of this which hopefully you will find interesting.

Many Thanks
Support

Many thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 12:33pm
Support
You say that you are giving us "Total Cart customization" being released soon.
My point is exactly that you are planning on releasing a part finished Cart Customization, correct? will it ever get finished?
How long once you release what you do have of this feature will it then take for the rest to follow, we would like our cart to show as if it were a continuation of our website which includes changing the colours to our own website, which is as I understand from other questions on the forum not a part of your planned new release.
Red
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 3:32pm
That sounds good, if you can alter the template using HTML and special tags. I like the idea of a template for the layout etc, but it needs to be versatile enough to put your own stamp on it to a degree ie logos, colours etc.

jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 3:53pm
IMHO, RC has finally grasped that the present cart system needs a drastic overall - the new look reminds me of SagePay - but who cares? It is a major step forward and I am looking forward to seeing a fully working demo asap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 10:04am
Are the screencasts available yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic