RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New features will be released soon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 10:18am
Hi,
They are being recorded today.
Many Thanks
Support
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 10:18am
Hi,

You might also be interested in http://www.wordpresscart.co.uk which shows RomanCart storefront working on WordPress.

Many Thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 27 February 2014 at 10:19am
ckart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 12:40pm
If we don't do anything, will existing carts carry on unchanged?

I've just got mine running really well & matched up to the rest of the site, (apart from the PP Express complete order button). My customers are only paying for classifieds adverts & have already been through the advert submission process, so I'm keen to keep the payment side as simple as possible. No customer accounts, no logging in, no whistles & bells, just collecting the payments as it does now.

Steve
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by ckart ckart wrote:

If we don't do anything, will existing carts carry on unchanged?

I've just got mine running really well & matched up to the rest of the site, (apart from the PP Express complete order button). My customers are only paying for classifieds adverts & have already been through the advert submission process, so I'm keen to keep the payment side as simple as possible. No customer accounts, no logging in, no whistles & bells, just collecting the payments as it does now.

Steve

Yes thats fine, these new features are optional and any setup you have currently wont be affected.

Thanks

James
ckart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 12:49pm
Brilliant, then I can have a play in my own time. Thanks James.
softap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 1:03pm
I have the "mobile enhanced cart" option working very well for the past 6 months - I am hoping that the new options will not interfere with what is working well for me?

Andy Rigby
www.christianbits.co.uk
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 1:54pm
Hi,

The mobile enhanced cart is part of the new functionality. The only change you will notice is that the checkbox for using it on the admin system will disappear and will be replaced by a screen where you can choose which mobile cart you want. (there is currently only one which is what you are using).

Many Thanks
Support
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 3:27pm
Oooh had a little more of a play by changing the storefront test cart that Romancart have set up to my store number in a blank dreamweaver page and loaded it up in preview mode. Granted I haven't got the full thing, but the template I think will be doing what I'd hoped for from Romancart. It would mean some major name changes and re-arrangement I think of some of the categories, but it would save an awful lot of work in the long run.

Will "email me when back in stock" be still available with this template option? I find this really, really useful and way above what the opposition offer.

Looking forward to this.
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

Hi,

We have a number of new features which will be released soon which add a huge amount of functionality to RomanCart.

1. Total Cart customization - the ability to choose a template or design your own cart.
2. RomanCart storefront - paste a couple of lines of code onto your web page and an entire shop will instantly appear there.
3, RomanCart mobile site - paste a line of code onto your home page and your mobile visitors will see a complete mobile site with your products and information on.

To see a testing demo of this, please see http://www.romancart.com/sell-more/tabs/storefrontdemo.html

Many Thanks
Support

One question that comes to mind is how google would rank these type of pages ie are these just the same as standard html pages or are there any issues with google indexing them.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 4:18pm
Hi,

Whilst we have implemented Googles Ajax Indexing Specification (https://developers.google.com/webmasters/ajax-crawling/) I wouldn't rely on the content in the store as being the only form of SEO for the site.

To optimise SEO we would recommend creating additional SEO optimised content on your site in static html pages. For example with our demo store selling sport cameras, you could create static pages with articles on cameras, how to use them etc. the sort of thing that search engines like.
The key benefit of the storefront system is the ease of managing products on the site.

Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic