RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shared Modifiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shared Modifiers
    Posted: 08 April 2014 at 5:32pm
Hi,

You can now set up a set of modifiers and apply it to multiple products.
This means that you don't have to go into each product and keep adding the same options over and over again.

Note that for stock controlled items you should use Product groups.
You can apply shared modifiers to the entire group for the non stock controlled options.

Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 8:30am
That sounds good, is there a screencast on this please?
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 9:14am
Hi,
Not yet, however it is fairly straight forward.
Click on 'Shared Modifiers' on the Product Manager.
Set up a set of modifiers (it's the same as you do on a product).

Then on the products you require using it, simply select that shared modifier from the drop down in the modifier section of the product properties rather than entering the modifier values on the product.

On product groups, click on the group name and you select the shared modifier on the group properties.

Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 9:28am
Support
just done a quick test of this but cannot seem to add more than one shared modifier to a product at a time, I set up a colour choice one and a backing choice shared modifier, I then selected to add the colour to a product and saved then tried to add the backing one to the same product but it just replaced the colour options. How do you add more than one to a product?
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 9:38am
Hi,
If you have multiple products with exactly the same options then set up a shared modifier with all those options in it and apply it to the products which will be using it.

It means you dont have to repeatedly set up the same modifiers on multiple products.

Many Thanks
Support
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 9:40am
Hi,
If you apply a shared modifier to a product then it will ignore any individual modifiers set up on the product.
Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 10:25am
Support
my question was how do you select more than one shared modifier for an item i.e. if I have a collar I would want to set up a shared modifier for Colour, another for Backing, another for size, another for stud decoration etc. but the shared modifier just seems to let me use one for a product, I need to add more.
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 11:19am
Hi,
I'm not sure I understand yoyr question as it is exactly the same as setting it up on the product properties.
Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 11:45am
Support
to test this we have set up 2 shared modifiers one for Colour and one for backing, I then set up a new product to add these 2 modifiers to, I go onto that product via the modifiers and select from the drop down Colour and save, it adds the colour to the code but does not show it as modifier 2 for that item, then when I go and try to add the shared modifier for backing on the same product and save it all that happens is that the code then shows the modifier for the backing option ie. it has replaced the colour modifier. Your new shared modifier does not add the selected shared modifiers to the list of modifiers for the product you are wanting to add them to. We need to add more than one shared modifier to an item as our products have around 7 modifiers for each product.
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 11:58am
Hi,
So did you set up a shared modifier with colour in itemname2 and backing in itemname3 and apply it to your product?
Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic