RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Region Geolocation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Region Geolocation
    Posted: 12 September 2014 at 11:05am
Hi,

There is now an option at 'tools'/'options'/'region' which will geolocate the cart region depending on the location of their ip address.

In other words if the customer is in the USA (and the default country is different) then the cart will start with the region being the USA, the customer would not need to change it on the region screen.

Many Thanks
Support
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 1:35pm
Supposing the iP address is in a country that we don't ship to - does the cart page default to the "home" cart page?
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 2:19pm
Hi,
It will switch to your default country in that instance.
Many Thanks
Support
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2014 at 4:34pm
Hi - I have tested this using a VPN located in the USA - and it doesn't seem to work. If I use the USA based VPN server - when I go to the cart page it is still showing the UK as the country. Have you in fact tested this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 11:03am
I also feel it probably does not work as we have had it switched on but overseas customers have still been asking if we send to their country and how to select so have had to revert back to showing the regions page
Red
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 11:09am
I have emailed RC about this and haven't had a reply. If it can be made to work it will be a real benefit to merchants selling outside the UK as we do. If I receive a response from RC I will post it on here.
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 11:26am
Hi,

It's hard for you to test it as the cart is quite clever at working out where you actually are.
Post clearsession=yes to the cart and try again as the session needs to be clear or it won't do it. (Or leave it for a couple of hours to timeout and clear automatically).

Many Thanks
Support
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 11:53am
I used a VPN based in USA and then Japan - both countries we ship to - and the cart page still showed United Kingdom - please reply to my email!
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 11:55am
Hi,

With a VPN, presumably you were still on the same machine.
The cart might have already established that your computer is in the UK, which is why this can be difficult to test.

If possible clear the session as per the previous post and give it another go.

Many Thanks
Support
Keith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 8:40pm
Hi Support,

I don't use regions, so will the Geolocation work as I don't have the region page?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic