RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ebay Enhancements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 2:27pm
Hi,

You can subscribe to a seller's shop and newsletter etc. You need to opt in to those.

Marketing emails from ebay/paypal are sent out. These are opted in to by default, but they are of a very general nature rather than promotions from an individual customer.

Best wishes,

Richard.

Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 2:17pm
Hi Richard,

Do you know if the transaction on eBay gives the customer an opportunity to opt out?

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 2:11pm
Hi again Support

I'm seeing that the contacts created by ebay sales are automatically opted in to accepting marketing emails.

Although ebay always automatically opts people in to stuff (unprofessional IMHO), I really think that the default position should be off.

Best wishes,

Richard.
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:39am
I'll phone you after 11 - and go through it.

My VAT registration numbers are the same but ebay's settings are spread all over the website - it will be easier to talk to you

Edited by rscass - 16 January 2015 at 10:41am
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:32am
Hi,

Is your RomanCart store set up with the same tax settings as ebay?

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:30am
Okay.

I have all of my VAT registration details logged with ebay.

The default position on all of my ebay sales is that VAT is included at 20% - regardless of which country I'm delivering to (I have to reset the rate to zero manually for non-EU). ebay don't do tax, but that's a side issue.

When I print off an invoice via ebay, there is an option to print a VAT receipt. This is what I automatically reach for - it isn't the first choice on the list.

So, the totals for products and shipping are correct in RC sales manager, but the VAT element is not showing at all.

Regards,

Richard.

Edited by rscass - 16 January 2015 at 10:31am
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:21am
Hi Richard,

That's great news!

Does it have demonstrate the tax issue you mentioned earlier?
If so, please can you email us details information on the exact problem you are seeing.

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 10:20am
Morning Support -

A miracle happened overnight - I sold something on ebay.

Order ref RC17192207 - I can confirm that it appears just once in sales manager.

I've marked the order as shipped within ebay and unlike the last one, it hasn't been duplicated in RC.

Regards,

Richard.
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2015 at 12:26pm
Too little too late I'm afraid from RC. I posted last June saying I was moving as I had got fed up with things not running as smoothly as they might with various things and non responses on the forum to questions you don't want to answer and the response from RC is below, and it appears you were happy for me to leave then despite being a customer since approximately 2006/2007. Now you are asking if there is anything you can do to make me stay!!! True to form, as I said too little too late. When my cart runs out I'll be gone ;-)

"Firstly, it's a real shame that you have decided to leave RomanCart, however you have used it for many years and it seems that you feel it is time to try something else. We really appreciate your support over the years and your valuable contributions to the forums.

The most important thing though is - keep a copy of your existing site! It is not unusual for an established store moving to a completely different system to suffer a big drop in sales (whatever system they were/are using). If this happens (which we hope it doesn't!) then after a couple of tense weeks you will probably want to switch it back as before. We have had this many times particularly with merchants who have been with us a long time who decide to try something else. Usually incremental changes to your site are a lot safer.

Either way - we wish you every success for the future!"

Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2015 at 11:24am
Hi Rainshoe,

That's a shame. I'm not sure of the actual case, but perhaps you were wanting to do something which the widgets aren't able to do or something.

Either way, if you are leaving, as with Red - we wish you every success with your future ecommerce plans.

Having said that with both yourself and Red - is there anything we can do to make you stay?!

Many Thanks
Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic