RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reactive Checkout and Cart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quilex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reactive Checkout and Cart
    Posted: 08 June 2017 at 1:19pm
We have just finished re-designing our web site to be reactive and work across screen sizes and it has now dawned on me the week link is our checkout that does not work on a mobile phone.

Is there any plans to sort this out soon, it really is a big issue for me and should be an issue to all roman cart users.

Please advise, maybe I have missed something I can do at my end.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2017 at 9:04pm
Hi,
Choose a mobile template at 'configure'/'appearance'/'hosted cart pages'/'shopping cart templates'
Please call us if you need further assistance with this.
Many Thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 08 June 2017 at 9:05pm
Quilex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quilex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2017 at 3:20pm
Great thank you that sorted it out sorry about the late feedback.
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 4:14pm
sorry to jump in on your thread here but if I choose a mobile template, will this show as mobile checkout from a desktop? How can I edit and test this without making it live? I have a responsive site and although I selected a different template as it looked better, when I connect via mobile it still shows my old cart layout and not in mobile format.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 4:17pm
Hi,
If you select the mobile template then it will be shown on mobile devices. It detects the device rather than responds to it.

You could sign up to a free cart to test it, or much easier is to quickly switch it on and add something to your basket on your mobile to see it in action, you can always deselect it. (By selecting your desktop template for mobile which is presumably currently the case).

Make sure you also select the required payment methods for your mobile cart.

Many thanks
Support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 5:04pm
I'm so confused.
I selected the default Facebook template for my cart as the new site I have is bright and white unlike the old site which was black and grey!

When I select the mobile on this template, and refresh the cart screen, I get the old horrid grey cart page I used to have with all the text I had on there.
I thought it would make a mobile version of the Facebook template? not sure what I'm doing wrong. Do you have any walkthrough teaching vids on this as to save me bothering you guys?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 6:04pm
Hi,
Select mobile on the mobile template in the mobile templates section. Not on the facebook template.

Then give it another go.

Many Thanks
Support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 6:55pm
http://prntscr.com/g0mjw2

nope, The checkout page still picks up the old checkout page in grey and lots of text.
This is mobile emulation using Microsoft edge.(view source)

Same emulation on my home page looks fine, how it should look with a mobile.

http://prntscr.com/g0mm4w

This is the same results I get with using a Samsung mobile.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 7:11pm
Hi,
Please see www.sportcams.co.uk on your mobile to see both the RomanCart mobile site and cart in operation. (Click on the left hand icon on the home page)

Your screenshot is showing a default cart not the mobile cart.

Sign up to a free account and have a play with that is probably better than changing your live site.

Alternatively please post or email the url you are using to test it and we can advise.

Many Thanks
Support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 7:21pm
Problem is I don't have a smart phone. I have to wait till my wife gets home so I can use hers lol.
My site is www.pwauk.com
If you can find a solution to this It would be good. I just upgraded the site to accommodate mobile usage but the cart does not want to comply.

Will checkout your link. thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic