RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

confirmation emails

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2017 at 7:14pm
Hi,

If your email is from you, to you then you won't receive it as your mailserver knows it didn't send it.
Many Thanks
Support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2017 at 11:11pm
My email has not changed in 10 years. All I did was change the background from grey to white and add a new logo!
the order confirmation emails get to this email address ok, Why not the despatch emails.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 8:54am
Hi,
As per our last post - if when you are testing it, you are effectively sending an email from you, to you, then your email server will probably reject it, as it did not know it has sent it.
Make sure with your test that you are using a completely different email address than what the email is set to be sent from.
Many Thanks
Support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 10:09am
The order confirmation email gets to me fine. although not to the alternate BT email I have in there.
It's the despatch email not getting to me and I cant test that unless I resend a client one which I have done a few times, no emails are getting to me from there.
If you see something obvious that I'm doing wrong please tell me and I'll pay for a fix!!
Can't be doing with this it's too difficult I'm not a programmer you need to make these more user friendly. I'm rapidly losing the will to live!!!
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 10:11am
Hi,

Create a test order that you can dispatch using an email address other than the one you are using as the send address for the despatch email.
If you're not sure what this means, please call our support line from 11am this morning and we'll talk you through it.

Many thanks
Support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 10:47am
Entered an order on my website. Used a BT email address that I know I receive emails on. I get a CONFIRM on PSP: confirmation email (whatever that means) and this goes to my peter@pwauk.com email.
I have not received an email confirmation order to my BT address that is shown on the order.http://prntscr.com/gq99vc
I marked it as paid, then despatched it. No emails have arrived for the despatch email to either email..
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 10:50am
Hi,

That would be a different issue.
If you are not receiving either emails on your BT address, then this is something you will need to discuss with BT.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee delivery of any emails as that is down to your email provider.
They will be removing them as junk or following some other rule on your BT email setup.

In the last few years BT are the most difficult email provider for this. Try using a gmail account or an address on a different email server.

Many Thanks
Support
peter.pwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter.pwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 10:53am
ok, if that is the case, why don't I get my copy merchant despatch confirmation email that is the same email I use for the order confirmation email which I do get?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 10:59am
Hi,

I think it's probably best if you phone our support line, who will be able to clarify this.

To summarise the points.

1. Don't try an email from yourself, to yourself as your email server will reject it as it knows it did not send it.
2. We cannot guarantee delivery of emails. If you are not receiving emails with a particular host then it is something you need to discuss with them.
Every email host has different rules. They may need you to set up spf records on your dns for example or follow some other requirements they may have.

In general though we are very limited in how we can help with any email issues you may be having as we have no control over your email servers whomever you may be using for this service. The only thing we can check is whether the email was actually sent and whether it is bounced back. After that it is down to the target email server for delivery.

Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic