RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GDPR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:31pm
I've just spent a bit of time googling soft opt in, which I have to say I wasn't aware of until this conversation - thanks very much both.

In the technical side though, would simply copying and pasting the <a href="!delist!"> code from an RC template, work in emails sent independently of RC? I'm guessing probably not, in which case, in order to offer a clear opt-out option in all correspondence, can you give any advice as to how that can be automated?

I'm guessing the !delist! code would work on order confirmations and despatch notes, or anything else that is generated through RC. Would that be right?

Edited by Phil Dart - 17 May 2018 at 3:32pm
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:35pm
Hi,

The !delist! tag will only work on RC generated emails.

Many Thanks
Simon
Phil Dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:20pm
That said Simon, if I'm confident that soft opt in is a legitimate route to go down, and that I can comply with its requirements, should there not be a 4th option in website > marketing ?

Which would be not to have an email permission tick box at all.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:35pm
Hi,
No - with soft opt-in you still need to offer them the opportunity to opt out at every contact.

Many Thanks
Simon

Edited by Support - 17 May 2018 at 5:35pm
Phil Dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:41pm
OK, got it, thanks. Well, I know which way I'll be going, that's for sure.
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:26am
James

This is a very interesting article about the percent of people who opt in in relation to the configuration of the GDPR tick boxes.

There is a big reduction in number who agree to be opted in if there is just one tick box. EG Tick the box to accept emails. The current RC method.

The solution to get a much bigger uptake is to have two tick boxes. ie provide both a yes and no choice, with neither pre-checked.
Eg Would you like to receive emails : Yes   No

https://www.zettasphere.com/gdpr-consent-opt-in-examples/

You will need to scroll down a quarter of the way and see heading "Opt-in consent example test results"

This does seem to be a much better approach - by doing so there was an increase in their test result from 48% optin to 77% .

Can you implement the two tick box method.

(Since implementing the current one tick box method on RC I am getting 17% who optin)

Phil Dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:45pm
Interesting article.

If ticking one or other of those boxes was obligatory, would that not also overcome the "inadvertent opt out" we've been discussing?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 2:14pm
Simon, any thoughts on the last two comments. On the face of it this looks like the best way to go.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 3:10pm
Hi,

Yes - however if you rely on soft opt-in then you wouldn't need to make any changes.

Many Thanks
Simon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 4:03pm
Simon, I was looking in to soft optin but have decided it's not the way to go for us; so anything you can do to make hard optin better (such as suggested) is important to us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic