RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GDPR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:10pm
If all the payment processing bypasses RC then I think it should be set a an N by default.

I don't know GDP well enough yet to know if we are allowed to subsequently contact them to ask if they would like to receive marketing emails. If it is the case then in the CRM it would be good to be able to create a list for market place orders.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:12pm
Hi,
You are not allowed to contact an email address to ask if they want to receive marketing emails from you.

However - of course as they are buying from you you are clearly allowed to communicate with them via email with regard to the purchase.

Many Thanks
Support
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:13pm
Further to last post - agreed - it would be good to select a list that they go in.
Many Thanks
Support
EddieODG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EddieODG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:15pm
My sales on Romancart also used to automatically have a "Y" set for marketing. It appears that from 1st March it has been set to "N".

Is there a way I can change this back, I am not sure where the setting would be, or having changed anything myself to bring about the change, and was thinking it may have been done for GDPR compliance by Romancart, but the above suggests that I was wrong in that thinking.

If you can advise I would be grateful.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:17pm
Hi,
Set your marketing preferences at 'tools'/'options'/'marketing'

Many Thanks
Support
EddieODG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EddieODG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:20pm
Thanks for the quick reply.

I see there are three choices, to set as no marketing, or to ask customer whether to opt in or opt out. That appears to be different as all my customers used to be opted in by default.

Am I wrong in thinking the options have changed, and if so were we informed that this would happen?

Is there a place I can add text regarding the opt out / in, to advise what sort of marketing the customer may receive?

Edited by EddieODG - 10 May 2018 at 3:21pm
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:25pm
Hi,
Please see http://forums.romancart.com/important-gdpr-changes_topic13649.html
These changes are as a result of GDPR.
See www.romancart.com/gdpr for more details.
Edit any text in the cart to 'configure'/'change any text'

Many Thanks
Support
Phil Dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:51pm
My understanding is that we need to contact each customer on the CRM who is currently set to EP=Y, to ask them if they wish to continue receiving marketing. In theory after sending that out, all contacts should be EP=N until they re=confirm.

Is there a way to set to N universally, and is there a template code or some other clever way to automatically re-instate them to Y when they respond? In other words, in the same way as they can unsubcribe from a newsletter though RC, can they re-subscribe?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 3:01pm
Hi,

We will be adding functionality to do this on Monday.

Many Thanks
Support
Phil Dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 3:04pm
Great news - thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic