RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

problem with Stripe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jackslad49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem with Stripe
    Posted: 20 July 2020 at 6:08pm
I think I have finally managed to track a visual of the new PayPal offering - it looks terribly American-centric to me - Amex and Discovery buttons etc. Also not everybody is a fan of PayPal - which is why I prefer their PCI system combined with Paypal Express. However I will reserve judgement until RC publishes its dummy wine store incorporating the latest PayPal system.
jackslad49
jemcook View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 12:03pm
ok, thanks!
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 11:41am
Hi,

PayPal - as with a number of other payment providers are regularly in touch with us assisting and advising on their existing and new services. In fact most payment providers worked with us and supported us on updating the integrations
for 2 factor authentication a couple of years ago.

We have unfortunately never been proactively contacted by Stripe. We have approached them from time to time, but they don't really seem that interested.

Whilst we will update the stripe integration at some point - we would strongly advise you to switch to PayPal Commerce Platform, which as you'll see when you try it is a much better system either way.

Their card payments are also really cheap - around 1.2% (See their website for full details and pricing).

Many Thanks
Support
jemcook View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 11:30am
ok great, thanks I'll check that out. Is the Stripe integration still a possibility?

Jem
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 11:17am
Hi,
Yes - you can now use PayPal Commerce Platform at 'configure'/'payment methods'

Many Thanks
Support
jemcook View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 9:02am
Hi Romancart,

just checking to see if there's any update on the Paypal Commerce issue or the integration of Stripe yet

with thanks, Jem
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2020 at 4:12pm
Hi,
Yes - PayPal commerce platform is live on our other service at Sellr.com however we can't set it live on RomanCart until PayPal resolve an issue with onboarding. We are in regular contact with them about this and as soon as resolved this will go live. That's the best info we can give right now.
There is pressure all round to get this live though.
Many Thanks
Support
tester1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2020 at 4:10pm
Sorry to hijack this thread. Thought it would be easiest to follow up here ...

1. On 18th May, you mentioned that you will be upgrading your Stripe integration within a couple of weeks. It has been almost 3 weeks since then. Could you please let us know if the integration has happened? I'm getting fed up with high Paypal fees, especially for foreign transactions.

2. You spoke of the Paypal Commerce Platform, with fees of 1.2%+30p. That sounds attractive. You said "...Yes - will post here - however before that [Stripe integration upgrade] we will be releasing PayPal Commerce Platform..." Any news on that?

Thank you
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:17pm
Hi,
Yes - will post here - however before that we will be releasing PayPal Commerce Platform which is the latest version of PayPal where the customer pays on a card page on the cart.
They don't know they are paying with PayPal and rates are advertised at 1.2%+30p for cart - card page payments.

Many thanks
Support
jemcook View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:15pm
ok thanks for getting back to me so promptly - just glad to know it's not me just being dim.

We'll carry on using paypal for now - the only problem with that is we're getting customers now that don't have paypal accounts or don't want to use paypal to pay and want to use cards instead. Paypal theoretically can take guest user card payments but for reasons best known to itself paypal is oddly patchy in offering that functionality to our customers - grrr...

Will you post a notification when the Stripe integration is upgraded, or drop me an email to let me know?

with thanks,

Jem Cook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic