RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GDPR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EddieODG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 3:07pm
Thank you for the information -

You say "Edit any text in the cart to 'configure'/'change any text'

Can you confirm this, as when I go to "configure" there is no subpage "change any text"
Phil Dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:19am
OK, I can see a universal set to EP=N function now - thanks for adding that, but still struggling to find a way to opt them back in again. Do you have a fix in the wings for that please?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:23am
Hi,

A screencast is being uploaded about this in the next hour, check the gdpr page a bit later on.

When you say 'opt them back in again' as you will have seen from your inbox no doubt, you have to email your entire list asking if they want to opt in to receive emails from you.

Again - it's important to manage expectations on this. A good read rate is 10-20% so if you send 10000 emails 1000-2000 people will read it, out of that only a percentage will opt in, so out of 10000 email addresses you will end up with maybe 500 you can email - depending on how loyal your contact base is and how old the list is.

The screencast shows how to do this (which needs to be done before the 25th May)

Many Thanks
Support

Phil Dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:37am
Thanks - I'll look in again a bit later on

Yes, whilst GDPR sets out to clean up the spammers and kerb big brother, it also serves to destroy a legitimate marketing tool used by responsibly by small businesses.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:59am
Hi,
See https://youtu.be/U9qYWNh4SjI

Many Thanks
Support
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:24pm
Hi

How do you code the link in html. This is not working. Thanks

<p><a href="!optin!">Test</a></p>
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 1:00pm
The above code looks OK to me but when I do a test email nothing happens when I click on the link.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 3:03pm
Hi,
To do a proper test where you test the links, create a mail shot to a single contact like in the screencast. The test email button does not activate the links as it's not sent to a real contact.

Many Thanks
Support
Phil Dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 3:31pm
Thanks for all this Simon - a quick question though please, which you may have already addressed in your video but which I'm not completely clear about.

We have the means to send an opt in email, and the means to set EP=N for all non-opted in contacts, which is done in time for 25th. If a late responder clicks to opt in, will that contact automatically be re-set to EP=Y ? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but would you confirm please?

Edited by Phil Dart - 15 May 2018 at 3:32pm
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 4:24pm
Hi Phil,

Yes - the recipient can click on the link whenever and it will opt them in.

Many Thanks
Simon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic