RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

German umlauts not showing correctly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote english frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: German umlauts not showing correctly
    Posted: 11 January 2010 at 5:06pm
HELP

Despite several request for guidance I have not yet received a reply that has solved my problem!

I am still finding that German umlauts do not show correctly in the cart - I am getting an empty box or square symbol.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 5:43pm
Hi,
What is your website url?
Many Thanks
Support
english frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote english frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 5:22pm
www.oakside-classic-clocks my German language web site - currency EUR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote english frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 5:23pm
Sorry www.oakside-classic-clocks.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote english frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 5:48pm
This text is copied from a previous enquiry = please note the boxes in the text where the umlaut should be.
I am unable to get German umlauts, French accents and the symbol to display correctly in the description of goods displayed in the Cart - I do have UFT-8 switched on. Example below.

DEPOSIT ONLY: Devon Grosse Standuhr, Geh�use: Massives Walnussholz + �159.00 , Vert�felung: Massive Holz-Seitenw�nde - nur unten.+ �66.00 , Zifferblatt: 1. Oakside�s massives Messing-Mondphasenziffernblatt mit erh�hten r�mischen Ziffern auf einem silbernen Zahlenreif, mit Gravuren dekorierte Mittelplatte und Sekundenanzeige, Messingguss-Zierecken (-EUR 144) , Uhrwerk: Kieninger HTU 01 Uhrwerk - 3 Melodien auf 9 polierte Tonr�hren - Automatische Nachtabschaltung. - automatische Nachtabschaltung zwischen +�1019.00 , Pendel: Temperaturkompensationspendel mit einer 200mm breiten Messingpendelscheibe. , Auslieferungsland: Espa�a, Portugal, Italia, Polska.+ �110.00 , Gesamtbetrag: Euro 7205.00 (remove)

The data is drawn from an Access database. This problem exits in IE and Firefox.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 9:14pm
Hi,
Please can you post the exact url of a page with an 'add to basket' link on it that when clicked on should show umlauts in the cart which is showing square characters instead.
Many Thanks
Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote english frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:51am
Hi Support.
Please go to www.oakside-classic-clocks.com/gallery.asp
For example, On the Devon section select [Optioned & Preise].
Select any of the options that contain umlausts.
Enter the security code and Click [Preisberechrung].
Click [Zar Zahlung.
You will see that the text describing the goods has boxes where umlauts should be.

I have removed the symbol from the database areas that contain the descriptions as this symbol also fails to appear correctly.

Hope that my directions are o/k.
Regards
Frank
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 9:42am
Hi,
You have switched on UTF-8 on the cart but your website is using charset=iso-8859-1
Many Thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 17 January 2010 at 9:43am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote english frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 11:10am
Thanks but Help - what does that mean and can you advise what I need to do, to correct the problem?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 11:51am
Hi,
On every page of your website you have the line
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
This is setting the character set your pages are using.
You need to consult with your web designer to change it to utf-8.

In addition - once you have changed this, switch on utf-8 on the cart at 'configure cart'/'configure other options' as it is currently off.

Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic