RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

checkboxes and discount

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: checkboxes and discount
    Posted: 10 January 2010 at 9:34am
Hello
If I set up a page that allows the customer to add several products at once using check boxes: https://secure.romancart.com/locale/integration.htm#kis there any way I can add discount if the customer selects 2 or more items?
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2010 at 2:01pm
Hi,

You need to use quantity discounts, these can be set up through the product manager or in the code that you post in your buy button. However, this would also give a discount if the customer buys more than one of any individual item as well, which might not be what you wanted.
sasastro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 8:34pm
Thanks Dave but it just doesn't work with checkboxes, I've tried adding the discount code to each item and to the 'add to basket'. The only way I can get the discount to work is to remove the checkboxes and have an add to basket button next to each item
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 11:06am
Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'adding the discount code to each item and to the add to basket'. In the product manager, there is an option for quantity pricing. You need to set up the thresholds and prices in there, and allocate all of the items to the same qdgroup so that discounts are applied to combinations of products. It should work with checkboxes, have you a test page where someone can have a look at your code. Also, double check what you have set up in the product manager.
sasastro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 4:45pm
Hi Dave
I don't use the product manager, too many products. I code the page in html Here is an example page with the check boxes, no discount code added to this one, I've been testing that on my local machine. But it does show what I mean by check boxes.

This next link is the only way I can get the discount to work. What I want to happen is that if 3 or more are ordered the - price reduces to £4 each, 5 or more - price reduces to £3.50 each. As you can see here, each recording has an add to basket link which looks far less elegant and user friendly than the checkbox option. Test page 2

(none of the shop is 'live' yet, nor have I upgraded from a free account yet - no point until I get it as I want it)
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 5:54pm
Hmm...

Can't see a way to do this, didn't realise it wouldn't work with checkboxes, sorry I can't be more help.
sasastro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasastro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 6:24pm
Thanks for looking at it for me Dave.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic