RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Website Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Email Sequencing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Email Sequencing
    Posted: 20 January 2010 at 2:14pm

Hi, I need a little help to do with sequencing emails - I want to do two things.

1) I want to send an email to all customers who bought from me in November.

2) I want to be able to send an automatic email to everyone who buys from me, 2 months after their initial purchase. (The email that I want to send includes a promotional code that offers free shipping on their second purchase)

I have created the email, and done a test send to myself, but it is the date of sending and the sequencing I am struggling with. At the moment in the customer sequence page, I am seeing the status of the message as 'sent on conversion' which is no good, as this is very much a follow up email.

Also, what is dynamic and static on the list creation page?

All help much appreciated.

Johnny
www.bicalsocks.co.uk
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 8:18am
Hi Johnny,

I don't use email sequencing so answer 2is based on looking at what goes on when setting up a sequence.

1) When you create an email list in the Customer Relationship Manager, it's possible to select the option for 'date became a customer' and use the <= and >= selectors to specify the 30th and 1st of November.

2) The automatic sequence needs you to send an email on conversion, then you can add a second email where you can edit the number of days to wait before sending it.

3) Dynamic lists can be refreshed, so a list for 'last 6 months' should be dynamic. Static lists cannot be refreshed, once created they always contain the same list of names.

Hope this helps,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic