RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Digital Vault URL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InfoLogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Digital Vault URL
    Posted: 28 January 2010 at 12:15pm
Hi

I have the silver membership romancart and am using it to sell digital data products which are updated every 3-4 months. The customers pay an annual fee for which they get a licence to use the data and also receive all updates in the year.

Now we have updated the data I want to use the CRM part of Romancart to send all purchases of each product an email advising them of a product update and also a url link where they can immediately download the latest copy of their data.

As all the data is in the digital vault so a link to download the data is on the invoice/ confirmation email when they first make their purchase, my ideal would be to add some html code to my email in the CRM area which provides a similar 48 hour hyperlink to the data in the same way. This would allow them to download their updated data with the link becoming obsolete after 48 hours.

Is there a bit of system code I can use to do this?

Thanks in advance
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 4:15pm
Hi,

I can't answer you question, however I can point out a flaw. Not everyone in your CRM has agreed to receive follow up / marketing emails from you; if they haven't then they won't get this update even if you can insert the hyperlink. Actually, I don't think Romancart offers a way to do what you want anyway, although I don't use the digital vauolt so I'm not certain.
InfoLogic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InfoLogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2010 at 4:32pm
Hi Dave

Thanks for the response. I'm aware of the opt out for marketing emails but we have this turned off at the moment so that everyone receives emails. We advise customers we do this so we can send them update information - we don't send out any marketing emails using the Romancart crm system, we use a separate email subscription newsletter service.

So far it seems to work out ok, I don't think I'll be able to do what I want re the digital vault link but I have a work around which should do the job.

Thanks for taking the time to read and give me your thoughts

Richard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic