RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Automatic csv upload

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcsl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automatic csv upload
    Posted: 16 February 2010 at 10:09am
Hi,

We only have the Bronze pack which has been fine until now, but we're in the process of changing our distribution partner and one of the requirements is that we need to do an auto-upload of our sales csv file at least once/twice a day, either via ftp or email to our distribution partner.

Does Romancart allow us to do this with one of the better subscription packs? I haven't been able to find any info on that yet.

Thanks

Al

Edited by alcsl - 16 February 2010 at 10:10am
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 12:30pm
Hi,

Not sure what you mean here. Where do you want to upload the data to? Yu mention email to your distribution partner so I assume that you mean you wan to download the data from Romancart's sale manager and pass it to the distribution partner.

There's no mechanism to do this automatically on any of the packages. You can do it manually by downloading the data from the sale manager and then formatting as you like before you pass it to your partner.

If that's not what you meant, can you explain in more detail what you're trying to do.
alcsl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcsl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 12:54pm
Hi Dave,

Yes, we want to download the sales info from the sales manager and then pass that to the dist partner to fulfil. I see from the sales manager that we can only download one 24 hour period at a time, rather than do it time specific (ie all sales from 13:00 the previous day to 07:00 in the following morning, then another from 07:01 to 12.59 on that day)

Even if we could only download one day at a time, are you saying that there's no way of automating that download to a specific location on our server (like setting a specific time for it to download), and then somehow auto uploading it from our server location to our dist partner server for fulfilment?

Hope there's a solution?!

Thanks,

Al
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 2:46pm
Hi Al,

Definitely no method for automating the download from the sales manager. If you manually download it to a local computer, you could FTP it anywhere you wanted obviously.
alcsl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcsl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 3:24pm
Okay thanks for your help Dave
refresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote refresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2010 at 10:28pm
Hi alcsl,

did you find a workaround for this?

I can format the csv download and split it by time, or any other condition that exists within the data, if you need it done that way.

So in theory, you would download the csv, plug it into my file (which I can adjust as per your specifications) and then you can upload as needed.

I am about to start own business so I wouldn't be providing this free of charge. However, my rates are reasonable and always quickly recouped in savings you will make in time spent.

Hope I can be of service.

Regards.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic