RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dependentmaster items

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dependentmaster items
    Posted: 17 July 2010 at 2:17pm
Would someone please help me with the new dependent items code? I'm not sure I can actually do what I want to do with this!

I'm not using product manager. I have numerous products, each with its own itemname and web page. Customers can choose to add personalisation to any of these, and I have two different types for different products, each on a separate web page. I want to prevent customers adding just the personalisation without the main product.

I've looked at the code in the example but I can't work out what relates the accessory to the main product and how I'd do this with the 'accessories' on pages of their own. I don't want to have to repeat the code for the personalisation on each product page. Can you only have one main product per cart/page?

If that doesn't make sense, you can see how it works now at www.madebylawrie.co.uk - choose a garter and add personalised embroidery/ or a ring cushion plus embroidery.

Thanks in anticipation!

Lawrie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic