RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding different TAX rates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding different TAX rates
    Posted: 20 August 2010 at 12:43pm
I sell a few books which are zero VAT. How can i add a seperate tax value for these products as they come up with tax?
many thanks for any advice
THEY MAY NOT BE THE BEST FOOTBALL CLUB BUT ON THE OTHER HAND THEY ARE NOT THE WORST
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2010 at 9:02pm
Hi,

You need to use advanced tax and put the zero tax items in a different tax band. Have a look at 'Manage / tax' and click on the advanced tax link. You can set it up in the product manager as well, once your tax bands are set up, by allocating each zero tax product to a tax band other than Band A.
toto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2010 at 7:44am
Many thanks will have a look now. Much appreciated. Tony
THEY MAY NOT BE THE BEST FOOTBALL CLUB BUT ON THE OTHER HAND THEY ARE NOT THE WORST
toto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2010 at 7:58am
mm....i am going wrong somewhere. have found page you mentioned and put in band A 17.5% and band 'B' 0 but it hasn't taken effect. Will try again. maybe i didn't use a numeric o but a letter O!
toto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2010 at 8:07am
Nope...for some reason it doesn't want to work for me.
have set up Band B as 0 for tax and then allocated this in Product manager under Ooptions>tax. tested it and doesn't work. Will try again!
Dave P View Drop Down
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2010 at 9:19am
Hi,

Have you set up the countries correctly, and are you selecting a country for which you've set up the tax as 17.5% and 0.0% when add the item to the basket?
toto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2010 at 10:03am
Ah... i think i amy see error. I thought by default was going to link to UK
Will try. Thanks
toto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2010 at 10:10am
Sorted...with many many thanks! Site is here:
www.richmondphotos.co.uk
have a good wend
Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic