RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about this section

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about this section
    Posted: 24 September 2010 at 11:21am
I don't want to sound cheeky, Support, but does anyone there actually read this section of the forum? Suggestions put forward here are hardly ever answered, and almost never implemented.
Regards,

Graham

Amber Chiropody Supplies
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 11:42am
Hi,
Our recent major upgrade of the cart control panel was essentially to add lots of suggestions which had been posted to this forum.

The forum is a repository so that when we are working on an area we see what merchants have requested as improvements or new functionality.

It is also a great place for us to guage the interest in a particular suggestion. In other words if a suggestion is made and lots of merchants say that they would like it, then it is more likely to be implemented than a suggestion which no-one comments on.

However because we have so many merchants using the system it normally takes many months to implement anything once suggested because of the complex testing required.

Many Thanks
Support
Amber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 1:31pm
Support, I agree that enough merchants must request certain features to make it worth your while timewise, which is why I would like to put forward the suggestion that you re-introduce the Roadmap. This was a terrific idea and went well while it existed.
For newer merchants, the Roadmap was brought in by Support as a way in which we could suggest improvements and additions; these ideas were then put to vote, and those obtaining the highest votes were worked on and introduced. This provided means whereby ideas could be implemented in order of popularity.
I completely acknowledge Support have been busy with the new control panel, but this is more or less complete now, just a couple of tweaks perhaps, and so maybe now would be a good time to re-introduce the Roadmap for us to put forward ideas and suggestions for improvements in the coming future.
Regards,

Graham

Amber Chiropody Supplies
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 1:48pm
Hi,
The Roadmap was good, however it is easy to agree to enhancements that turn out to be impossible (or uneconomical) to implement when we actually take a technical look at the area.
This is why the Roadmap was not updated for at least 6 months before the new control panel.
Unfortunately for this reason we are unable to re-introduce it.
Sorry about that,
Support
Gilboa View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilboa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 2:22pm
I would like add to amber's comment:

By the time one of the merchants makes a suggestion, he/she will most likely have though about it for some time before making the effort to post about it here on this forum.

A simple statement by support would show the individual (and us others that may like the suggestion) that you appreciate our input. We then also know that you have read the post.

I understand that some suggestions may not be possible to implement, or cause too much effort to implement compared to their end effect, or have already been asked before, and I would imagine that you require quite a bit of patience to reply to it all.   

One other thing: I believe that a lot of merchants on this forum may read a suggestion and think it to be a great idea, but not actually comment on it, for whichever reason.

Maybe just a simple forum poll now and then could also help communication between us all and prevent repeated suggestions of the same kind.

engineering View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engineering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 11:43am
Ah good question.

I cant sratrt a new topic it wont let me

I have emailed support directly for the last few days to resolve the not completed emails being sent out. The cart wont let me changge them. Tools/general tab.

If you delete the email it comes back after you save and come back to the same page. Where is it getting the data from to put back.

Anyone else having trouble with this?????

I have had to disable the feature to stop it sending out my bank detail.

Come on support can we have a resolution. Changed the browser cleared the cache..... all that sort of thing no joy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic