RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100Karen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping
    Posted: 15 February 2013 at 11:20pm
Hi

I have weight based shipping set up....our products range from lightweight sent via Royal Mail to heavy which go via a courier and the weight based seems to work fine.

But....We have a product that is sold per mtr and the carriage is £10.00 per roll irrespective of how many mtrs are on that roll, although the carriage needs to be charged at £10.00 for each roll.

The problem is that the weight based method calculates for every mtr on the roll as if it is an actual individual quantity. The rolls can be 5 mtrs long right through to 50 mtrs. But each roll needs a carriage of £10.00 (for every roll).

I have set up the carriage every way I can think of and I just can't seem to get the shipping charges calculated even remotely correctly :-)

Any help from any 'shipping calculation experts' would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Blanche0 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blanche0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2013 at 9:21pm
One option (to keep with the weight based method) would be to make the weight of this product extremely high and configure a shipping method for that weight (or more) - i.e. if your Royal Mail is say for up to 1 kilo, courier up to 10 kilos you could make this method 1000+ kilos (with each of the products weighted as 1000 kilos).
Don't think I have explained this terribly well.

I think that you could alternativey make this type of product come withing a group and charge shipping for that group at a set rate. (If you use product manager I think you can go into the shipping option on the product and enter an amount in the appropriate shipping overide box).

Hope this helps.

Tom

Edited by Blanche0 - 18 February 2013 at 7:24am
Support Oliver View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2013 at 10:26am
Hi,

Tom is correct. We often use this our selves. We call it 'Fake Weighting' and it proves very effective.

Kind Regards

Oliver
RomanCart Support Team
100Karen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100Karen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 2:18pm
Hi Tom and Support

Thank you for your replies.

I have used 'Fake Weighting' successfully before.

But the problem I have with this is that I now want to use product manager for the rolls of polythene we sell.

This means that the cart treats each mtr of polythene as one item, hence 50mtrs of a product becomes a QUANTITY of 50 ordered, which means the 'Fake Weight' of say 10000 is applied 50 times! I have capped the carriage at £30.00 so it doesn't get ridiculous......

But when using the Product Manager I cant get it to add just £10.00 for each ROLL for a customer who say orders one roll at 10mtrs long, one roll at 20mtrs long and one roll at say 25mtrs long.

Any more ideas or pointers would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Edited by 100Karen - 25 February 2013 at 2:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic