RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping choices dropdown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping choices dropdown
    Posted: 07 March 2013 at 12:48pm
Hi,

Can a text box be added to the cart containing information re. the selected shipping method?

For example, if 1st class is selected by the customer, the text below the shipping method could say "This service has an estimated delivery time of 1-3 working days".

The box would have to be big enough to contain a delivery cut off notice in the event that an express service were selected, or be capable of delivering 2 or 3 different messages dependent upon the time of day that an order was placed.

Richard.
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 4:49pm
Hi Richard,

This is a good idea but after some investigating this cant be implemented at this time but we will consider adding this sometime in the future.

Thanks

James

Edited by Support James - 07 March 2013 at 4:50pm
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 10:59pm
No problem, worth an ask.

I'll email you the web address of a company whose cart/checkout has just such a feature.

I've actually asked them how they did it, but sadly they tell me it was all created in-house and is therefore a secret. (I don't believe them).
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 8:50am
Hi,

A mush easier way of conveying this information is to call your shipping method 'UK 1-3 Days' instead of 'Royal Mail First Class'

Further to the above - we are actually adding a time limited to shipping methods, so you can have shipping methods between certain hours.

Many Thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 08 March 2013 at 8:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic