RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sharing Stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sharing Stock
    Posted: 13 June 2014 at 9:26am
Hi,

Stock can now be shared between carts.

The main cart must be on the Professional upgrade.
On that cart go to 'manage'/'products'/'stock sharing' and you can allow other carts to access your stock.

The other carts can be on any upgrade.

Use [storeid]itemcode in the stock source field to use this feature.

This is great where you might have multiple carts in different currencies and you are wanting to use the same stock source.

Many Thanks
Support
tester1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 11:37am
Hi Support

This is a great feature and something you had promised for years. We currently don't use the RDD feature for in/out of stock. We do show stock status on our web site and this is changed manually for each cart we use so it's been a real pain. So I'm thrilled that it's finally done.

One question ... our manual stock status shows green text for "in stock" and red text for "out of stock" using style sheets. I know you can set the text to be shown instead of the stock figure if you use RDD (eg in stock instead of x number of units) but is there any way of colour coding "in stock" and "out of stock"?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 11:41am
Hi,
Just put a font tag around the text.
(Unless you know of a reason why this wouldn't work - I can't think of one).
Many Thanks
Support
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 11:47am
Hi Tester,

I asked our web designer and they said unfortunately there is no way to do this with RDD, sorry about that.

Thanks

James
tester1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 11:58am
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I thought of that when I was trying out the feature a while ago but unfortunately, the field where I can specify the text ("When in stock show this instead of the stock amount:") isn't long enough so I didn't get far. And it was on the weekend so I never got around to contacting you guys.

I've just tried it with shorter text and it works.

The field for "out of stock" is long enough so that's fine.

Is there any chance of lengthening that field?

tester1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 12:17pm
It looks like there are 2 Support Agents replying to this thread. I'm assuming that James (11.47) is replying to my initial post of 11.37. The other reply from Support (11.41) works.

Now it would be great if you could get that field lengthened. It should be a minor job.

Thanks so much
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 1:20pm
Hi,

Sorry about the confusion. As previously mentioned the best idea is to put font tags round the text.

We will see if we can extend the length of the text box.

Thanks

James
tester1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2014 at 3:36pm
Hi guys

It looks like the field has been lengthened - I think, but can't remember how many characters I managed to fit into it before. However, it's still not long enough.

At the bare minimum, I'd like to set the font color properties plus say "in stock". However, it would be nice if the field could be even longer to allow setting of font size as well, or to allow some other text such as "contact us for latest stock status".

Also, I'm a bit too lazy to start a new thread so I'll say it here. In this day and age of so many etailers having products drop-shipped (we rarely do), it would be good if the product manager could cope with XML stock feeds from suppliers. Or does it already and I've missed that feature?

Cheers
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2014 at 3:56pm
Not sure if this is what you want but an easy way to colour in and out of stock is to use divs

1. In product manager/configure go to Remote Data Delivery and in the box:
'When in stock show this instead of the stock amount':
put something like <div id="instock">In Stock</div>

2. In the box 'when out of stock and the product has no OOSMessage show this
instead of the stock amount':
<div id="outstock">Sorry Out of Stock</div>

3. Then in your css give for example:
#instock
color:red;
}

Rich
 Post Reply Post Reply