RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Website Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping to Irish Republic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping to Irish Republic?
    Posted: 11 February 2016 at 4:56pm
If you are shipping to Republic of Ireland you might find this website handy to verify addresses and the new postcodes in Ireland: https://finder.eircode.ie/#/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 8:16pm
That's brilliant - thanks.

I've just done a search on a very rural address I ship to regularly. Mail is addressed to the individual's name, followed by village, followed by Galway, Ireland! According to the website, I have to position a marker over her house on the map and it will give me the postcode.

They don't do road names or house numbers in her village. The postie knows everybody - I expect they're wondering what they need a postcode for. My kind of place :)
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 12:57pm
The postcodes have been introduced to assist in the setting up of water rates for individual properties in the Republic. On a related subject I have just sent a parcel to Cambodia which had to contain the customers mobile phone numbers so the post man can track him down!
  Share Topic