RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Website Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EU Zero Rated VAT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.gore@rlgconsulti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EU Zero Rated VAT
    Posted: 11 June 2016 at 2:39pm
Everyone,

Under EU legislation, Business to Business (B2B) transactions (ie sales) between EU countries is zero rated for VAT and it is the legal responsibility of the seller to obtain, validate and retain the buyers EU VAT Number on file.   

I am trying to set up my RomanCart shop to handle this requirement for sales into other EU countries – i.e. Ireland in this instance.

I see there is an option under Configure>Tax>Advanced Tax Options to enable this. I have ticked the appropriate boxes to set up this option and have tried various combinations of settings.

When I test the settings I get an option under in the Shopping Cart which allows the customer to change ‘Region’ and a box to tick for Zero rated VAT – i.e. "Tick if you have a EURO VAT number which excludes you from paying VAT in the UK"

The problem:
1- There doesn’t appear to be an option for the Customer to enter their EU VAT Number as required - See EU VAT Notice 726, Section 4 sets out most of the relevant details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-notice-725-the-single-market/vat-notice-726-the-single-market

2- The VAT number must be verified through the EU online system - See http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/

Help - Does anyone know of a way to handle this EU requirement please?
Roy
Keith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2016 at 10:49am
Hi

Support don't answer queries in this section of the forum.

Try re-posting your question in the Integration section of the forum and I am sure you will get a response.
roy.gore@rlgconsulti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.gore@rlgconsulti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2016 at 11:00am
Thanks Keith,

I contacted RomanCart direct and got the problem sorted out.

Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic