RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flagging problem customers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flagging problem customers
    Posted: 04 January 2017 at 1:47pm
Can I label a specific customer as a 'problem' so that I am alerted when they make a purchase?

Very occasionally I will deal with someone I do not want to deal with again.

For example, the lady who contacted me out of the blue today stating that the thing she ordered on 15.12.16 hasn't arrived therefore she'll 'have a refund because she's ordered it from another seller' rather than give me the opportunity to send another one.

I've seen how to create a status in the customer relationship manager where her details now glow in a delicate shade of bright orange.

However, to be of any use at all, I need her to be highlighted in orange in sales manager if she ever attempts to buy off me again.

How can this be done?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 9:39am
Hi,

This would be really good.
As you know, you can put contacts into lists and you can also give them a status.

I think the answer to your request would be to have the contact status show on the sales manager and then be able to set the row colour based on that.

Having said that it might be better to keep the row colour as is and just highlight the status field.

Or maybe simply have an additional highlighted letter in the contact name field or something.

We are about to rework the entire RomanCart control panel to make it more responsive and suitable for modern screens. (See the control panel at our other system www.sellr.com for what to expect). We will certainly take a look at this then as it would be a useful addition.

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 10:27am
Or perhaps the thumb/rosette/star next to the customer name could be a coloured dot instead.

Another way to do it would be to use the above column to alert you that a particular customer had previously been refunded or had orders cancelled. Maybe this would be easier to implement?

I don't want to completely block anyone (I suppose that could work on identifying an email address, which a persistent fraudster would very quickly catch on to), moreover it would be extremely helpful to revisit certain customer's patterns of purchases/losses/returns etc before making a final decision to supply.

Paypal account holders who get items shipped to an old address are a particular problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic