RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Translation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Translation
    Posted: 31 January 2017 at 11:41am
Hi,

Quick question.

Has anyone successfully embedded a translation button/widget into their cart?

Thanks,

Richard.
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2017 at 1:24pm
Yes - Google Translate - have a looksee on www.reflections-of-infinity.co.uk/straps2.html

Works fine - costs nothing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2017 at 1:35pm
Hi,

Thank you for that.

I've been testing the google translate button/auto loading etc. It appears to work well. From my limited knowledge of French, Italian and German, it also seems accurate enough to make a purchase.

My question though related to the cart.

I was wondering how calling another script may affect cart performance or conflict with anything else on the page.

BTW, your cart's looking good. I might revert to that template, mine's starting to look too complicated!

I wonder if a multi-lingual cart template based upon geolocation is a possibility?

Best wishes,

Richard.
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2017 at 1:51pm
Hi Richard:

The translation is done on Google's servers and I don't think it impacts negatively on our site or on RC's.

From our server logs the translation function is most often used by visitors from the F East and S America.

It's a while since I put the Google script on the 2 pages I use it. You get the script off Google's translate site as I recall.
  Share Topic