RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Local backup of our data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydaq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local backup of our data
    Posted: 05 October 2017 at 11:26am
We are long-term users of RomanCart Connect.

A recent internal IT audit has highlighted that we don't have local backups of our Romancart contacts and historic orders.

Could you please tell me how we download this data from Romancart ?
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2017 at 11:29am
Hi,

To backup sales data see 'manage > sales' then click 'export sales data'.

To backup contacts see 'marketing > contacts > export contacts'.

You can only export contacts if you use our Starter package or above and the amount of sales data you can export also depends on your subscription level.

Thanks

James
easydaq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydaq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2017 at 11:46am
Hi James, Thanks for the quick response.

>You can only export contacts if you use our Starter package or above and the amount of sales data you can export also depends on your subscription level.

That's unfortunate. Since we only need to do this once to comply with our IT audit and we don't want any extra features , would be able to use the '30 day free trial upgrade offer' of a higher subscription level that would enable us to perform the downloads and then revert back to the level we have been using all along without any problems ?
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2017 at 8:32am
Hi,

If you are on the connect upgrade then you only need to export the data from the sales manager, which will contain all your sales information and contacts.
You don't need to upgrade further to do this.

The contacts export is a specific export for mailing lists and will not be relevant.

Our 30 day money back guarantee is for new users upgrading for the first time.

Many Thanks
Support
easydaq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydaq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 11:09am
Thanks, I've been looking at this again, but still can't seem to achieve what I need.

In the Sales Manager it tells me "Select the date from, date to and the type of file to export, then click on the 'Export Data' button. You can export data for any 1 month period you have stored..."

I believe we started using Romancart in 2009, so does that mean I will have to repeat this process for every month since then ? Surely there must be a bulk download facility ?

GB
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 11:12am
Hi,

You can only export one months of sales data at a time.

Also please note we only store sales data for a certain length of time (max of 3 years) dependent on your subscription.

https://www.romancart.com/sell-more/topbuttons/watch_screencast.asp?source=list&topic=extendhistory

Thanks

James
easydaq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydaq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 11:26am
Hi James,

Please tell me that doesn't mean I will have to do 36 downloads to get the data ???
Could your IT guys do me an SQL export maybe please ?

GB.
easydaq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydaq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 7:49am
James,

Can you tell from your records how many years of our data you have please ?

GB.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic