RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exporting to CSV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exporting to CSV
    Posted: 26 June 2018 at 9:40am
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but maybe the feature already exists and I've missed it?

Is it possible to select individual records in sales manager and export them to CSV, rather than a whole day's sales?

I want to select sales records for items not yet shipped so that I can export a CSV file, quickly, to Royal Mail.

At present, I export sales by date and then trawl through them deleting previously completed orders line by line.

Many thanks.

Edited by rscass - 26 June 2018 at 9:42am
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 9:43am
Hi,
Unfortunately not, however you can have order information sent to a url of your choice as it takes place. (See 'tools'/'options'/'general).
You could then write a handler in php or similar to use that data as required.

With the csv export, you'll need to wite a process e.g. an excel macro or python script to parse the data and extract the records you require.

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

Hi,
Unfortunately not, however you can have order information sent to a url of your choice as it takes place. (See 'tools'/'options'/'general).
You could then write a handler in php or similar to use that data as required.

Woooosssshhhhh - straight over my head!

Writing scripts to handle data is your job :) I am just a simple Brummie with two O-levels and a CSE in woodwork.

Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

With the csv export, you'll need to wite a process e.g. an excel macro or python script to parse the data and extract the records you require.

Many Thanks
Support

If I could do that, I suspect the entire day's sales, as they are, would do quite nicely.

Thank you for your reply anyway, even though I still haven't figured out what you actually said.

Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 2:17pm
Hi,
Essentially, we just export all the data we have. There is an infinite number of things you could do with it, so we don't get involved in that, we leave it up to you.

You might want to have a play with excel or similar as you import the file and change it as required.

Many Thanks
Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 10:21am
I have made it workable by setting up an export definition and only exporting the fields I need for Royal Mail. Including Royal Mail's shipping code in the shipping service name (which the customer selects in the basket) will also help.

It would just be easier to specify which sales to export rather than having to weed them out from a spreadsheet one by one. Perhaps you could give it some consideration in the future?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic