RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Want to dump PayPal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to dump PayPal
    Posted: 07 August 2018 at 12:58pm
I currently accept Paypal Express and Worldpay.

Every single week, without fail, I'm having the same conversation with at least one customer.

"Where is my order? I placed it last week, I can't find my confirmation emails".

They get as far as the buy now button on their phones and think they've finished and put their phone away.

Worldpay, requiring more user input, doesn't generate this problem.

So, a question.....has anyone on here ever ditched Paypal, and did their sales suffer as a result? Or do customers just choose Paypal over Worldpay because it's simpler?

Richard.

rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 9:29am
Well I guess no-one ever got as far as kicking Paypal into touch :)
MountMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MountMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 1:53pm
I went the other way, got rid of World Pay,, all my customers (99%) were using PayPal to pay, only had 1 or 2 a month paying with Wordplay, the transaction were only a £3 to £4 pounds, so ended paying the £10.00 minimum fee to Wordplay, result! made a loss on the sales   
Keep well
Steve
I know one day my boat will come in - knowing my luck I will be at the Airport !

EdRel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdRel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by MountMan MountMan wrote:

I checked out these appetite suppressants here and went the other way, got rid of World Pay,, all my customers (99%) were using PayPal to pay, only had 1 or 2 a month paying with Wordplay, the transaction were only a £3 to £4 pounds, so ended paying the £10.00 minimum fee to Wordplay, result! made a loss on the sales   

I sympathize with your Richard. I have my issues with PayPal, but people are so used to it at this point. I don't think ditching is a good idea from a financial standpoint.

Edited by EdRel - 29 August 2023 at 3:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic