RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mobile cart setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dch1950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mobile cart setup
    Posted: 28 November 2018 at 5:05pm
I am looking to set this up for my existing website, and basically have just the one question. I wish to have the same product jpgs on my moble version as used on my desktop. There seems to be a a 50k file size limit on picture uploads - this is incredibly small. Equally , how can I ensure that my jpgs successfully meet this limit. Is there a batch convert program of some sort.
Thanks,
Dave Hickman
Dave H
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 6:42pm
Hi,
Search on Google for a program called 'pixresizer' that's what we use.
The smaller you make the images (in filesize) the more chance there will be of a sale on a mobile.
Speed is incredibly important because many mobiles are on slow connections.

Many Thanks
Support
dch1950 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dch1950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 7:42am
Thanks for that info - I tried Pixresizer, but it was to hit and miss, requiring too many iterations to get the file size right. Its that pixel value (x,y) to file size thing that's the problem.
It also seem that my version of RC won't support a mobile shop front. Yet all the sales blurb says it should. Ah well thats the profit motive for you.
I am now looking at setting up a facebook shop.
Trouble here as well, as when I go to set it up through RC - I'm told that all pages I'm an admin of have the app installed already. Well blow me down, but so what - how do I proceed now? What app is this?
regards
Dave
Dave H
dch1950 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dch1950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 11:18am
Hi, I have made the upgrade to RC to use the mobile aspects.
I would like to know about the mobile phone emulator though.
I have set up my supercatgory picture(s) and descriptions for the items I wish to sell through the mobile storefront, the check and divert code has been inserted on my main site shop page and works fine.
However, there seems to be one level on the mobile storefront where product pictures don't appear until you move down a further level. To me it looks bad to have a "no image" item posted there, but why is it so? when all my pictures are in place.
regards
Dave Hickman
Dave H
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 11:58am
Hi,
Please can you email us details of the url, what to click on, what you are seeing and what you are expecting to see and we will be able to advise.

If you have super category, category and item images then there shouldn't be any 'no image' images.

Many Thanks
Support
dch1950 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dch1950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 1:36pm
Hi,
it's my eyesight that let me down - on the RC configuration pages "categories" - I didn't see all the upload options - oops.
One of the problems of getting old .
Dave
Dave H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic