RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ebay integration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebay integration
    Posted: 22 June 2019 at 11:55am
Hi,

Can marking an item as shipped in Romancart trigger the corresponding item to be marked as dispatched in ebay selling manager?

At present it doesn't. Therefore as far as ebay are concerned the item isn't shipped unless I go back into selling manager and mark it as such - I'm pretty sure that ebay email the customers to this effect judging by the number of 'where is my order' emails I get a week after purchase.

They are of course all delivered with online confirmation. That doesn't stop people from trying it on because ebay's usual message is 'Have you got your stuff? If not we the mighty ebay will beat the seller with a big stick until you are refunded'.

Regards,

Richard.
MountMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 8:57am
We don't have eBay integration, but we do use Royal Mail Click & Drop PPI, which downloads our orders from eBay, then after we have applied the postage and printed the address labels and manifested the orders, ebay is updated about the dispatch and the tracking numbers are upload to eBay orders automatically, I suppose eBay then emails the customer
Keep well
Steve
I know one day my boat will come in - knowing my luck I will be at the Airport !

rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 9:51am
That didn't occur to me. I have click and drop as well. I can see the value of importing from ebay.

However (there is always a however!), about 90+ percent of my sales are via my website. A few orders come in from ebay.

My workflow is as follows:

Open Romancart. Click every new sale and mark as ready to send which turns them pink.
Raise invoices, via Romancart, for the pink ones (this includes all of my ebay sales).
Feed the addresses manually to Click and Drop, print labels, ship, mark as dispatched.

What I'm trying to avoid is the need to go back to ebay selling manager and manually mark each one as shipped - I'd like Romancart to do that for me to avoid having to skip between websites and duplicate work - which is of course the whole point of integrating ebay sales with Romancart Selling Manager.

Richard.

MountMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 1:21pm
Yeah, I can see what you are doing and why
What you really need is integration between RomanCart and Click & Drop, then back feed when the Click & Drop orders have been manifested via Roman Cart then back to eBay
Hope you find a way
Keep well
Steve
I know one day my boat will come in - knowing my luck I will be at the Airport !

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic