RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

promotion list

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: promotion list
    Posted: 04 September 2020 at 3:36pm
Hi RomanCart,

I wanted to issue individual promotional codes to members joining our club so wanted to set up a list of codes in romancart, a list that I'd also be holding in a separate database so that I could associate each code with each member.

I saw the promotion list element in romancart marketing and thought that would fit, so added a test 100 promo codes to a marketing entry. However, Romancart flags that marketing entry with Single Use 'yes'.

Does that mean that each promotional code within the list can only be used once and, if so, is there a means whereby I could set up a list of potential promotional codes that would have ongoing rather than single use?

with thanks

Jem Cook
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2020 at 3:53pm
Hi,
A promotional list is a list of use once promotional codes.

If you add them individually though instead of using a list then you can set them to multi use.

Many Thanks
Support
jemcook View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2020 at 4:32pm
Hi thanks, yes, I thought about adding them individually but wanted to add an initial 100 codes (although they may not all be necessary) and was hoping to be able to automate the process.

Can you tell me why the promotional list needs to be use once only?

with thanks,

Jem Cook
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2020 at 4:35pm
Hi,

The way it is designed is to either enter a single promotional code which you give to everyone in a campaign so you can track the campaign.

Or you can upload a list of use once promotional codes if you want lots of people to have codes but to only allow them to be used once.

It is not intended to have lots of multi use codes - you might as well give the same code to everyone unless you have lots of different campaigns you are tracking.

Obviously entirely up to you though.

Many Thanks
Support
jemcook View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2020 at 4:42pm
Yes, looks like I'm a special case as I may need to issue lots of multi-use codes to see who is using them and how often, and need to issue an individual code to each member rather than a generic code to all members.

Thanks for the quick response though!

Jem Cook
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic