RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Checkout - payment by Bank Xfer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dch1950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Checkout - payment by Bank Xfer
    Posted: 15 March 2023 at 2:51am
Hi everyone,
I would like to suggest a modification to the checkout sequence, particularly when a customer opts for payment by Bank Transfer.
After entering basic contact information, the customer should be presented with a closing screen which contains the "Additional notes" text box.This is set up on the "Bank Transfer" information button in RC.
This is usually sufficient information for the client to make the transfer.
The problem I have been having is that my mobile phone customers are missing the presentation of this additional notes screen.
Equally when it is viewd it is limited in character count and is not formatted.
I use the "Order Pending - reasponsive" email to confirm the order. I would like the additional bank account information to be included in that email template.
If this is not possible, then some formatting of the additinal notes box text along with an increase in character count, would be useful in order to announce it's presence.
Dave Hickman
Long term RC user (12+ years)

Dave H
Jake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 9:48am
Hi Dave,

Here are the steps to include your bank details for the bank transfer in your "order pending - responsive (Responsive RC theme)" email template:
1. First make a copy of the template ("configure > appearance > order email templates > pending order emails > press the pencil icon to view the template code > copy the code")
2. Then create a new template ("go back from the template code page > press "add new template" in the top left of the screen")
3. Give the template a name, subject etc and then paste the code you copied earlier into the "html message" section
4. Enter your bank details in the template as well, somewhere you feel is appropriate
5. Save the changes

Once this is done, make sure to select this new template as your "order pending" email by:
1. Navigating to "configure > payment methods > gear icon that is in line with your bank transfer payment method"
2. In the "emails, notifications and actions" section, use the dropdown selection box to choose your newly created email
3. Save the changes

I've read through the ticket you opened for this, and it seems you missed some key information relating to the nature of your issue. This should be a fairly simple fix, but just a heads up that this likely would've been resolved faster had you mentioned that the issue is specific to mobile users. We will not know this otherwise, and coming up with a valid solution will be much harder.

Let us know if this helps resolve this and we'll get back to you promptly.

Edited by Jake - 15 March 2023 at 9:49am
Jake Wetherall
Technical Customer Support Advisor
www.sellr.com

dch1950 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dch1950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 10:02am
Thanks Jake,
As a long term user who has had lttle need to contact you, I have gotten a little less sharp on RC fixes and methods.
I didn't know that it was a mobile only problem, as I had tested a dummy purchase on my Iphone and it seemed to be OK.Possibly an Android problem then.
I admit I did fail to give the title/heading of the "Additional notes" text box
leaving James slightly puzzled.
Can I load the template (email) into my HTML editor in order to add my own info?
Or do I have to do it in Situ?
best regards
Dave.
Dave H
Jake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 10:13am
Hi Dave,

That's all good, no worries at all. Just good to know in case you do have any further issues down the line.

In terms of adding the template code to an HTML editor; absolutely!
You can add the code to any editor that will allow you to edit text (even notepad would do). Load it into your text editor of choice and then once you are happy with your layout, copy/paste it back to the template and save the changes

And once again, let us know if you have any further questions. Hopefully, this will resolve it for you neatly.
Jake Wetherall
Technical Customer Support Advisor
www.sellr.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic