RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Menu Changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RomanCart Guru
RomanCart Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 2:18pm
errrrrrrr......I do like to put the Delivery Note into the box too, call me traditional if you like! :)

Nobby
Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 2:19pm
Hi..I would agree with S_E we don't set items to despatched until the end of the day and use the delivery note option before this time...Is there a reason for the change ?

Regards

Matt...
gavioli View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gavioli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 3:01pm
This is another crazy thing to do.
We also need to be able to print a delivery note before packing the order.

Please put the link back asap !
Nick
New&Lost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New&Lost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 3:11pm

My email response to Support did not appear here (not logged in to Forum) so I'm repeating it here:
===========
Dear Support

Are you likely to switch that back VERY SOON?

I do not post invoices (customers already get an electronic copy) but a delivery note without prices (as items often sent as gifts), so to not have the delivery note function before despatch is crazy.

Or can I cheat by changing order to despatched without actually sending an email? Still, ridiculous change.

Not clever.

SP

=====
That's what I've been doing: "cheat" by marking orders as "Despatched" without sending email. The Delivery Note link appears and I continued as usual. BUT this is not satisfactory, RomanCart must bring this function back soon.

Hope this helps.
SP (Organic-Ally)

www.Organic-Ally.co.uk
dispense with disposables
softap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 3:26pm
Agree with everyone else - the whole point of delivery notes is that you put them in the box with the goods. It shows the customer what they originally ordered (many customers forget!), and also allows you to scribble on any extra messages/notes to the customer. There is no logical reason why this option should be disabled until after despatch - it must be a bug, and needs fixing ASAP.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 3:59pm
Hi,
Firstly delivery notes should now appear as they did previously.

There was a bug (now fixed) in that the delivery notes were not showing on 'Ready to Send' or 'Part Ready to Send' orders.

Here is how the delivery note should work.

When you receive an order, you click on despatch and create the despatches for that order. For example if you are sending a big order out in 2 deliveries then you set one despatch per delivery.
When each despatch is sent you can manually trigger the email to the customer with the tracking details to the customer using the link on the despatch screen.

The current Despatch link on the sales manager is flawed as it simply shows all the items for the entire order in one delivery note. This is fine when everything is sent together, but not so good on large multi parcel orders.

You can switch the new functionality on by clicking on the 'configure' link on the sales manager. This also will soon let you choose from a number of different delivery note templates - or design your own.

To summarize - the new functionality will let you have multiple customized delivery notes per order.

There is an option on the sales manager/configure screen to select whether you want to use this feature.

Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic